Dragon's Eyes

Jaime smiled as he watched the boy, wobbly as he pulled himself to his feet, using the low table to balance.

His son focused intently, as he stared at his own tiny feet, his little arms hanging on to the table, that he'd used to pull himself up.

Jaime sat on the floor, a few feet away, with his arms stretched out.

"Come on, Lewy-Man", he urged. 

His son looked up when he heard his father's voice, grinning broadly, and bouncing a bit as he got excited.

"Come on", come to me", Jaime urged more.

His son looked down at his feet again, focusing intently now.

He lifted his foot, and put it out in front of him, then drew it back instantly, unsure, as if he feared the floor before him would be fiery hot. His little toes wiggling, as he stared down at his feet, trying to figure this whole "walking" business out.

"That's it! That was right,  Lewy-Man", Jaime nodded.

Lewyn repeated again what he'd done before, more than willing to try to please his father. He stuck his foot out, this time taking a step away from the low table, but still close enough to where he could hang on with his right arm. He focused intently, as he more or less ran to his father's open arms. Just as Jaime's hand wrapped around the boys waste, his feet gave out, but Jaime caught him before he could fall.

"You've done it! Yeah, you finally did it!", Jaime said excitedly, causing his son to giggle, and clap for himself, as Jaime squeezed the boy to his bare chest.

Jaime mocked the boy's actions, clapping for him.

"You'll be running around soon enough, won't you? I bet I won't even be able to keep up with you!", he exclaimed.

Jaime pulled his son to him, and stood then, bouncing the boy gently in his arms, as he went to sit on his bed.

"Si", the boy exclaimed, to which Jaime knew meant the boy wanted him to sing.

"You want me to sing to you?", he asked, and the little boy nodded furiously, his whole body shaking as he did so.

"Let's see", Jaime thought. He'd written song's for the boy himself. Song's no one else heard, as Jaime Lannister did not sing for just anyone. Only his boy.

"You hold it, in your hands", Jaime began, singing gently, holding the boys hands in his own.

"And let it flow, this cruelty of youth, as you fall again", he sang, pulling his son's hands apart, as if truly letting something flow through his tiny fingers, "Alone, in the compromise of truth", he went on.

"And the stakes remain too high, for this silent mind. And the shake, the lonely itch, that courses down my spine", he sang, "To leave a love divine".

"Don't leave a love divine", he sang, shaking his head, as he pushed the hair from his son's eyes.

"It's a water tight excuse", he said, with a chuckle.

"It's in the eyes, I can tell you will always be danger", he sang as he looked into the babes eyes. 

"We had it tonight, why do we always seek absolution? It's in the eyes, I can tell you will always be danger", his voice grew sad as he sang.

"How does the earth around your feet, just slip away? A babe, that greets you in the night, with a dragon's eyes, the most precious kind, a love divine", he sang louder now, standing from the bed, and rocking the boy softly in his arms.

"It's in the eyes, I can tell, you will always be danger. We had it tonight, why did I leave it open?", he sang, finishing the song. As he did, the boys arms wrapped tighter around his neck, and he cuddled up to Jaime's shoulder. 

He laid the sleepy boy down in the bassinet, after kissing his forehead.

"Goodnight, my little Lewy-Man", he whispered, as those eyes closed, heavy with sleep.

~~~~~~
Disclaimer: I do not own those song lyrics. It's a Mumford & Son's song, that I've just changed it around a bit, called Snake Eyes. I will be using a few Mumford & Son's songs in the future as well. The song is above if you'd like to hear it. This is just a short flashback chapter.