32. A Little Less Sixteen Candles

ابدأ من البداية

"You ready beautiful?" Jaime asks while I take one last look into the full body mirror.

"As ready as ever birthday boy." I smile.

"Oh wait, I got you something." I remember going to the closet.

"You didn't have to get me anything babe." He mutters.

"Yes I did, so hush and take it." I say coming out holding out a fairly large box.

He smiles and takes it to the bed then begins to open it quickly being met with a lot of tissue paper, his eyes growing wide when he sees what's inside.

"A helicopter helmet?!" He questions.

"With my name on it!" He exclaims.

It was a matte black helmet that had Hime-Time written on the front and white and red smoke like effects painted around the rest of it.

"This is seriously awesome babe!"

"That's not it..." I smile pulling out a pass from my back pocket.

"I got you a one year pass for the Gillespie Field in El Cajon, granted you'll need an instructor but you got the pass." I explain, Jaime looking at me with wide eyes.

"You're absolutely fucking amazing!" He shouts lifting me into his arms and spinning around.

"Anything to keep that smile on your face." I giggle.

"I love you, I love you, I love you!" He says in between kisses on my cheek and mouth.

"I love you too; now let's get going before we're late."

I spray some perfume on then grab my bag and phone off the bed and follow him out of the room to the living room where he attached Max's leash on, Max jumping around excited as ever at the thought of going somewhere.

"I miss being able to hold him." I pout looking at the fairly big dog dragging his leash around acting as if he were still a puppy.

"If I knew he'd get this big..." Jaime laughs.

"Shut up you knew he'd get huge someday." I laugh and shake my head.

"Okay let's get going." Jaime says grabbing the keys while I take a hold of Max.

I open the back door to Jaime's explorer and let Max jump in, shutting the door as soon as he's settled. I make my way to the passenger side and get in buckling my seatbelt and texting Chris to tell him we were on our way.

Jaime gets in and pulls out of the driveway quickly then begins the drive to his parent's house, turning on the radio to play an old Fall Out Boy song.

"Oh my God, Fall Out Boy." I say throwing my head back in excitement.

"Cause your just the girl all the boys wanna dance with!" Jaime sings.

"And I'm just the boy using too many chances!" I sing back.

"I'm sleeping on your folk's porch again, dreaming, she said, she said, she said, "Why don't you just drop dead?"" We both sing out loud as I turn up the volume.

We sang through the song like a bunch of teenagers taken back to two-thousand and five, laughing and singing at the top of our lungs, most likely getting Max to sit in the back confused as hell as to why his parents are acting like fools.

"That was great!" I laughed clutching my stomach.

"I haven't heard that one in years!" Jaime exclaimed lowering the volume to the radio.

I smiled, tucking away my laughter and agreed with Jaime who looked at me with a grin on his face. He reached over and took my hand in his bringing it up to his lips and kissing my knuckles softly then looking down at my ring finger and seeing the promise ring sitting on it.