Water Runs Dry (Trey Burke)

~We don't even talk anymore
We don't even know what we argue about
Don't even say I love you no more
Cause sayin' how we feel is no longer allowed
Some people work things out
And some just don't know how to change~

Kristi POV

I sat up watching me and Trey's son crawl around.

It's sad that as a father Trey fails to be around his family. Hell I don't even think we are a family anymore. I'm just a baby moms.

All we ever do is fight. Constantly. Little Trey cries and cries because of it and our parents think we need couples intervention. It's not necessary because I already know what's going on. He wants to live his life outside of his family because we started a family so young.

As I rubbed my temples I heard the door open. I sighed and mentally prepared myself for the worst.

"Hey babe" he said walking up to me and kissing me.

I said nothing.

Trey huffed. "Let me guess, you're not going to say anything and keep silent and not tell me nothing like you always do. Okay Kristi."

I looked up at him.

"Why bother? You don't care about me or TJ. You always wanna say how he's gonna be a legend, how when you don't spend any time showing him anything!?"

"That's a damn lie you two are my lifeline! I always think about you two even on my worst days! Y'all are the reason why I grind like I do."

"If we are Trey then why you never show us. Huh! I sit here every day wondering if I have a family anymore." My eyes started to tear. "I knew we were too young I should've went with my intuition!" I smacked myself in the head.

"Baby don't cry. I'm sorry," he said sitting next to me. "I never knew you felt like this. We just need to talk things out. But we can't do that if you're always hiding your feelings. That causes us to fight. And neither of us need or want to be doing that, we have a child do raise and a family to uphold. I love you Kristi." He said.

"I love you too babe. I just want you to spend more time with us, especially the little one. He needs you more than I do. You're his father, Trey. He wants to be like you. When you're not here, he tries to stand and throw the ball just like you. He's your twin. And I know it hurts him more when you don't spend time with him. At least do it for him if not for me." I said.

"I'm gonna do it for you both. I have no other choice. I decided do be a Dad so I'm gonna do what dads do. Just promise you'll never give up on us or our family. We've come too far for this. And we'll get through it because we love each other and can't leave each other alone even if we tried. Forever and always." He said.

"Forever and always." I repeated. I smiled and kissed him passionately.

~Let's don't wait till the water runs dry
We might watch our whole lives pass us by
Let's don't wait till the water runs dry
We'll make the biggest mistakes of our lives
Don't do it baby~