Chapter 1: The beginning

Începe de la început

"It-its your parents ,Wendy ,they were in a fire at the award ceremony ,and-and." A tear slipped from her eye ,and she had wiped in away with a Kleenex. A shiver went through my body. "And they didn't make it Wendy." She didn't even try to conceal her tears ,she pulled me into a tight hug and patted my back.

A crushing wave of sadness hit me as hard as it could and then. I went numb and my throat went dry. No they cant be dead. I had just seen them three hours ago. Their not dead, they can't be dead. How could they do this to me? How could they just be ripped away from me so easily ,so fast? Without a word they were gone. Forever.

They aren't going to see me grow up or see me get married ,or see me become a doctor. They were just ,gone. Francine pulled away from the hug and cupped my face and kissed my cheeks and forehead.

Anger come over me and I pulled her away. "Stop!" I yelled. She seemed surprised. Her brown eyes quickly filled with pity.

"Just go away!" I stood up and pointed to the door. "Wendy its-" I cut her off. "Leave ,I don't want you ,I want my mom and dad!" I fell to the floor sobbing. "Mommy and Daddy!"

Francine joined me on the floor and picked me up in her arms. "Shhhh ,its okay Wendy." It seemed like we were just crying on the floor together until I fell asleep in my nanny's arms.

Next week seemed like a blur. I went to my parents funeral ,just to be overwhelmed by apologys and pity. I was all alone ,no alive family ,no siblings to talk to or share feelings with ,my nanny couldn't adopt me ,all my grandparents were dead ,and my parents didn't have any siblings.

I was an orphan ,with no one. So I packed my bags ,said my good byes and left to foster care.

~Six years later~

I was what they called a ,'trouble maker'. I never stay as long as three months in foster family's. Its not my fault trouble follows me everywhere. Lets see what's happened so far.

Set my foster sister's hair on fire on her birthday, broke my fosters moms great grandmas tea kettle, bit my foster brothers arm, giving him an infection, burnt down someone's kitchen, and I had the tendency to run away . I could tell they didn't really love me ,and I didn't mind ,I didn't love them either.

I learned never get attached ,that just meant getting torn into little pieces when they reject you. I've seen that happened to kids and I'm not going to be crying about someone who can just leave you without any feeling of sadness.

That's why I run away but always seem to get caught. Finally no one wanted me and that's when my social worker put me into a girls group home.

As I stood out side of 'Mrs.Keplen's Home for young troubled orphan girls' Wow. Are you serious. My social worker just had to put me into a group home with the word "troubled" in it. I took in a fast sharp breath.

Here we go ,twelve years old and I'm entering a group home. Not what I expected at six. I knock on the big wooden door.

A girl who looks about fifteen answers the door. She has black hair the color of the night sky ,eyes bright blue. She was very pretty ,and I was a bit jealous. She didn't look fazed.

"You new?" She said face not changed. I don't know why but when I see new people I always seem to stare ,or take in as much as possible. "Umm ,yeah." I said voice shaking. Dangit. She nodded ,then turned her head into the home.

"Mrs.Keplen ,we got a new one!" She shouted. Opening the door I walked in suit case in hand. "Ah ,yes. Mrs.Darling." The woman I suppose to be Mrs.Keplen put both hands on my shoulders.

She had blond hair and green eyes ,she had wrinkles on her face but didn't seem old just tiered.

"Darling ,for real?" The girl who had opened the door chuckled. Mrs.Keplen shot her a look and the girls smirk disappeared.