Chapter TwentyFour

NPOV:

I get up and walk to the mirror, which hurts. Half of me is covered in bruises and cuts, the other is smeared blood. Most of it seems dry, but in some areas it's still wet and sticky. My clothes are ripped to shreds. My hair is matted with blood, and my face is covered in bruises and even more blood. I didn't even know I had that much blood. How am I still alive?

Percy never used to hit my face, as it left visible marks. This must mean he's beyond caring. Which means he won't care if I die.

The windows have been covered with planks of wood. I try the door, but it's locked. I'm trapped in this room. I start to feel claustrophobic, curling into a tight ball and crying. The tears cut through the grime on my face, leaving long lines from my eyes to the bottom of my cheeks.

I continue to cry until the door opens. I look up then tense. Percy walks in, calmer now.

"Get up." He orders me. I hesitantly get to my feet, terrified. Percy looks me up and down with disgust. "You don't even deserve to be alive." He mutters. I hang my head and feel another tear run down my face.

Percy walks it again and I hear the lock click behind me. Why hasn't he killed me yet? What worth do I have alive? Surely I'd be better off dead.

I wonder if he hurt Will. Maybe he ran into him on his way to me. Maybe he tortured Will into telling him where I am. Another sob escapes me. I never should have pulled Will into my problems. I should have just run, without help. The only reason I called him was to ensure Percy was alive.

Stupid emotions. First I fall in love with Percy and get hurt. Then I decide I Leo Will and get hurt. Now I'm miserable enough to not care if I get hurt. Stupid, pointless emotions. Why won't they just stop?