The Prize Girl

• Didedikasikan kepada Jessica Thenardy

Hi Wattpaders, thanks for dropping by. I just got this idea and thought to make this. No harm in trying, so check it out please. Thank you. Vote and comment if you like it. Thanks.

 It was dedicated to Jessica Thenardy for the amazing cover.

____________________________________________________________________________

The Prize Girl Chapter One

My heart raced faster than its normal pace as the riders in their helmet pulled their gas pedals. Another pair of eyes caught my figure on the decorated prize stage. Suddenly, everything seemed so wrong. The skirt turned to be too short, the shirt turned to be too tight, the boots seemed to be too small. I looked at the riders on their shiny dark motorcycle who lined up in the start line. One of them will bring me home tonight.

“Give me my money.” He whispered with a sharp knife pointed right to my throat.

I held my choked breath and maintained to answer, “I don’t have the money.”

Romario widened his eyes and clenched his jaw. He took heavy breaths as he turned his back on me. His hand rubbed his shiny bald head before he screamed in despair, “Do you know how much that rotten old man borrowed from me? One hundred fifty thousand fucking dollars! He can’t just die without paying me back and leaving his daughter telling me she can’t pay me!” Again, he put his Hispanic face an inch away from my face then said between his clenched jaws, “I want my money.”

I could feel the sharp metal pointed right back at my throat. After the death of my Dad, I don’t think I have anything to fear – not even death. In my bravest tone, I talked back at him, “I said I don’t have the money.”

He growled then showed his white teeth. In a swing, his rough hand landed on my left cheek. Romario is the first man and the strongest among the gang. His hit pushed me to the side of my messed up little house. I stumbled down while touching my hot piercing cheek.

One of his men carefully walked to his side and whispered to him. I have no idea about the thing he whispered, but it calmed him a bit. Romario pulled down his crumpled short sleeved shirt. He walked and squatted in front of me, “You will pay me.”

“I told you I don’t have the money.”

“Well, you still got your body.” My heart stopped its beat. Sweat started to form. My mind is thinking of the worse.

“What do you mean by that?” I cautiously asked for explanation.

He stood up then walked to the front door, “Tomorrow, you will be a grand prize in my race. Angelo will take you to one of my safe house. Just precaution, in case you run.”

That’s all it takes to put me in this circumstances. Another glance at the riders gave me the fright. There should be ten riders competing. I could only see nine bikes lining up. Each of them focused their attention to this cutthroat race.

A roar crept among the crowd as a black motorbike broke the group of hyped people and rocketed to the tenth place. The helmet wasn’t closed as he turned his head to me. I froze when his gray eyes locked with mine.  The world and cheering crowd suddenly drowned away. We shared the bond for seconds but it seemed like forever. He closed his black helmet then got his head focused to the girl holding the flag.

Amber whom I met ten minutes before held the flag. She flirtatiously looked at the riders as she moved her revealed waist and hips. Her fake tanned skin glow under the shiny light. Amber lifted the flag, the riders started to pull the gas pedal again. In the count of three Amber forcefully threw the flag down. Ten bikes glided through the sandy road.