Chapter 6

After hours in ever changing realm of hyperspace, my star fighter finally enters the atmosphere of Corellia. I search for a a landing port, which isn't hard, considering Corellia is famed throughout the Galaxy for producing pilots, and land my ship. As I get out, a Rodian with a clipboard races up to me. "Hold up there missy!" He says, as I wheel around to face him. "You can't land your ship here. There's a fee." I
I nod slowly, watching him analysing the ship, his eyes glancing up and down. "For that star fighter, you'll need to give me your name, and a payment of 50 credits, no additional fees required."
I raise an eyebrow "How about 100 credits, and we forget the name?"
He eyes me suspiciously for a minute, before chuckling to himself "Not wanting any Imperial contact, are you?"
I shrug "Isn't everyone?"
The Rodian laughs "Don't worry, I don't go round blabbing. Welcome to Corellia, miss."
I nod thanks before paying him and walking into the city. That encounter went far better than I hoped, it was a good thing he didn't recognise me from the holo net.

I stroll through the city, marvelling at all the sights. Skyscrapers, not a fraction of the size of those on Coruscaunt, but impressive nonetheless, mingle with other urban buildings to create the city of Coronet. Through gaps in the buildings, I can just make out mountain ranges, as well as several green, natural fields and lakes. The streets are wide, with roads crisscrossing in the middle and heavily populated pavements each side. Speeders zip up and down the roads, some driven so carelessly they remind me of Anakin's careless driving. Anakin...I feel my heart go heavy, and wipe all thoughts of him for my brain. For now my job is to focus on...what? It then hits me-I have no clue what I should be doing or where I should be going. Separating from the steady flow of pedestrian traffic, I duck into the entrance of a shop to get a grasp on my situation. Right. I am on a planet that I have never been to before, where I know no one. What is the most logical thing to do? Nothing comes to mind. Think Padme, think! I tell myself. Then it hits me. If there's no one on Corellia that I know, then obviously I should try and communicate with someone off world that I do know. Who I should call though, I don't know. "You need help there, sweetheart?" The shop owner calls out to me from the back of the shop, which turns out to be an alcohol store.
I turn around and walk further in. "Yes, actually. Do you know where the nearest communications tower is." I ask
"Sure do?" He says, "It's not too far from here, actually. Go out of the store to your right, take your first right, then third right, second left and it'll be straight ahead. You got that, love?"
I breathe a sigh of relief "Yes. Thank you so much for your help."
I turn around to walk out the store, as he calls out to me "You watch yourself, love. Clone troopers keep arriving in swarms, daily. Anything...unusual and they'll report it. They don't really care much for tourists."
I nod, worry nibbling at the edge of my brain. Why would clone troopers be here. I brush off my concern, it's probably happening in every planet to enforce the new Empire. With that in mind, I step back out onto the street and head towards the communications tower.

As I round a corner, the communications tower comes into view. I've made up my mind that I'll contact either Captain Typho or Dorme, someone close to me that I trust. I walk up to the large door before a small, but cocky sounding voice startles me. "You can't go in there."
I wheel around "What?" I say.
A small boy steps out from the shadows. He looks about ten, though he sounds much older. He has dark, tousled hair and is wearing a crumpled white shirt, faded pilot trousers and an oversized black jacket. He has an unkempt look about him and a somewhat arrogant attitude-a bit like Ani. Stars, not again. "I said, you can't go in there." He snaps
"Umm...why not?" I say, noticing that a blaster is strapped to his belt.
He rolls his eyes "The Empire has complete control of it. Only authorised people are allowed in, definitely not tourists. Which by the way, I highly suspect you aren't."
"What." I say
"Stars lady, I recognise you from the holo net. Sure it was hard to tell without all the makeup on, but I can definitely tell that your Senator Amidala." He says
I freeze. If this boy could identify me, who else has. Force, this is bad, very bad. Calm down, I think, and switch into my diplomatic, calm mode. "Okay fine. You know my name, but I don't know yours. What is it?" I ask.
He sighs slightly and folds his arms. "My name is Han Solo."
I take a deep breath "Um, hi Han. What are you doing here on your own. Won't your parents be worried if you're not back soon?" I ask.
He narrows his eyes. "My parents are dead."
I gasp in shock "I'm so sorry, I-"
"Don't bother." Han butts in, "Saying sorry doesn't make things any better. It's just stupid words."
I nod my head respectfully "So do you-"
A loud sound from speakers somewhere blares out "Attention. All citizens of Coronet over the age of fifteen must report to the main plaza for a special announcement from Emperor Palpatine. Attention. All citizens of Coronet over the age of fifteen must report to the main plaza for a special announcement from Emperor Palpatine."
The announcement then cuts off. "Well that's new." Han says, breaking the silence.
I nod slightly "I gathered that. Is there any way for us to get to that speech. I want to hear what it's about, and what's going on in the planets."
Han sighs "You're not a citizen, and I'm not fifteen yet, but I do know a place where we can see what's going on in the plaza without anyone noticing us."
"Really?" I ask, barely able to contain my glee. If I can find out what has happened since I left Coruscaunt, I can find out how much control Palpatine has over the various systems and if there are any surviving Jedi. I don't know why, but that seems important.
"Sure." Han says. "Follow me!"
He races off back down the street, me running along not far behind.

A/N:2. Big. Updates. In. Two. Days. I must really love you guys! Han's in the mix now too! Do you like his ten year old self so far? Hey, if you know what film I based the bit where Padme barters with the Rodian (the no name more money thingie.) on THEN YOU ARE AWESOME. Vomment (vote and comment not vomit!) and enjoy the story! It just makes me so happy to see that people like and read my story! More adventures of Padme will be coming soon!