Chapter 3:

He staggers back clutching his nose. When he removes his hand, it's all bloody and misshapen. I'm not sure, but it's probably broken. I can't help but feel a sense of grim satisfaction, at the sight of him. Wait, what? This is not the kind of thing that Padme Amidala would think of. But then again, Padme Amidala is dead. She died with her husband in the fires of Mustafar. The woman who exists now is only a shell, a mere ghost of the once proud and loyal senator. "Padme!" Bail gasps in astonishment.
Yoda sighs "Control your anger you must, Senator Amidala."
I huff in frustration "I am not a Jedi, so you cannot tell me what to do."
Yoda chuckles, obviously amused by my comment. "True, but help you we can. And protect you from the Empire and the Sith also we will."
I sigh. "Can't I just, I don't know, go into hiding, get a new identity or something like that?"
"Well, that would be a possibility, if not for your newly acquired Force Signature." Says an odd slurred voice from behind me.

I wheel around to see Obi Wan standing there, clutching his bleeding nose. The blood seems to be affecting his voice or something, I don't know-and I certainly don't care! But..."What do you mean, my force signature?" I ask, folding my arms and putting on my 'politician' face.
It's not Obi Wan but Yoda who answers "Imprinted on you with the force, your children have. Unusually strong in strange aspects of the force, you are now. Never before happened has this."
At the mention of my children, I gasp. "Luke, Leia!" I say. "I need to see them!"
Obi Wan and Yoda give each other a is-that-a-good-idea-glance before Bail thankfully interupted: "For Force's sake, just let her see them. She has every right to!"
Before either of them respond, Bail beckons me out of the room. I follow without hesitation, eager to be rid of the company of the two Jedi. Me and Bail walk side by side through several long corridors. We eventually reach a door which Bail opens for me. "Here it is." He declares "The nursery."
I look around. There are several cribs but only two are occupied. The two screaming babies are being looked after by the nursebot, who seems to be having a difficult time handling them. The nurse droid sees me and walks over "Hello." It says "You must be Miss Padme Amidala. I am N-M29, nursing bot. The children have been crying for precisely 1 hour 26 minutes. I believe they require feeding."
I nod slowly, just as I hear Bail walk out of the room. Probably to give us some privacy. I then pick up Luke and breast feed him for a few minutes before doing the same with Leia. "You're so beautiful." I mutter to both of them.
Luke looks just like his father, whilst Leia bears a resemblance to me. I look at them, and I think about Anakin again. I shouldn't be, but I am. Suddenly I collapse and a vision fills my mind.

I'm standing on what seems to be the bridge of a Star Destroyer by the window looking out into space. It's an impressive view, but I'm distracted from it by two men talking. At least, I think they're men. One wears a long, hooded robe, which covers everything except their face, which is scarred so much that it bears a great resemblance to melted wax. The other is almost twice his size and is wearing a full suit of amour that doesn't let an inch of himself show. "The Death Star will, when complete, be the ultimate power in the galaxy. No one will dare cross my Empire." Says the wrinkled man. With a start, I realise that it is Chancellor Palpatine. Or, as he is now called Emperor Palpatine. The armoured on nods slowly "Only the Jedi will dare oppose us and they will soon be eliminated." Palpatine nods "And what news have you regarding the tracker on Senator Amidala's ship."
The armoured one seems to pause before speaking. "The tracker the clones placed shows that the ship has landed at the medical centre on Polis Massa. With your permission, I will send a small displacement of clothes to retrieve her." Palpatine smiles, a smile that makes my spine tingle. "You have my permission to send the clones, now go, and do not return until the clones have the Senator, Darth Vader."
The world goes black, and I can only process one thought.

"Darth..........Vader............"