53 - the elevator of death

Comenzar desde el principio

"Oh, of course.. Um, well I have clients in for today and--"

"It isn't them, right?"

"Who?" She asks so cluelessly making Tess roll her eyes.

"You know exactly who we're talking about." I say sternly and it took awhile before she spoke up in realization.

"I'm only meeting with Luke and Michael if that makes it better?"

"Um.. We can come there as soon as they leave." I shrugged. "We're kind of done with awkward encounters for awhile."

"Oh. Okay, well they'll be out of my hair and yours by 2PM. Is that alright?''

She sounded weirdly nice, making all of us just question life right now.

"Okay, we'll be there." Cara says. "Same place as usual right?"

"Of course, we don't move managements out of nowhere." She snaps.

"Damn." Jenna mouthed, raising her eyebrows.

"Alright, 2PM." Cara breathed out before hanging up.

.

The day went on fast, seeing we spent the rest of it listening to music and talking about some legendary band members.

2 soon came by quicker than expected and we got ready and headed right over.

Things never ended up great whenever we ended up in here but I guess we'd like to think that this time would be different since the guys weren't a part of our lives anymore.

Or.. So we thought.

Tess swings the door open as we piled in one after the other.

As we headed in, I stop in my steps for a second in thought.

"Is it just me or did I completely forget what floor was our management team on?" I frowned.

"Same. Thank god." Tess chuckled. "I thought I was the only one."

"I think it was the 12th floor." Cara smiled.

Jenna smiled at her. "How did you remember that?"

"I don't know, I care about this band's health I guess." She chuckled as they walked side by side.

Tess and I walked behind them in complete amusement. It was quite the sight actually.

I press the button for the elevator as we wait patiently.

The doors slide open with a ding as Tess was about to walk in. Until..

There was the four boys we were almost praying not to run into.

Well at least Stacey wasn't lying, they were actually leaving but we just had to run right into them as they did. Magnificent.

We were all awkwardly dead silent as we just stared at them.

Jenna was the first one to step in, clearing her throat.

We all stepped in right after, stepping against the wall opposite from them.

It was weird because they were literally keeping their distance against the opposite wall as we stood as far away from them as possible.

Once again, just like a feud between cats and dogs. But we were the fucking fierce cats.

"Well are you going to get out." I asked in a monotone voice as Cara pushes the button for our floor that was already glowing.

Stupidly, these idiots were frozen in place and the doors slid closed.