Angry Wars

Ever wonder why the Angry Birds are so angry? What caused them to feel so much hatred against those ugly green pigs? This is the tale answering those questions.

It was a chilling winter morning. The birds were happily chirping in the orchard trees of Donne Farms. The cattle were already awakened and happily chomping away at the grasses in the high hills. The farmer, Greg Donne, emerged from the small blue farmhouse, next to the rusted barn. He disapearred into the large redddish doors, and then reappeared with a medium-sized trough. He was wearing his usual Sunday morning attire: a clean, cream-colored insulated long sleeve tee overalls, heavy duty polished brown boots, and messy golden brown hair.  He carried the trough to the pigsty about 20 feet away from the barn, and placed near the edge. He went back to barn and lead ten perfect pink pigs to their pen and locked it. Then he went around the back of the barn and never came back. 

Aaron was observing all of this, as he usually did every Sunday, perched on his favorite orange tree. He questioned the pigs motives. 

Meanwhile, the other birds where busily gathering food for their kids, joking and playing games, socializing. Aarons friend, Leapyear, was perched on a lower brach, talking to some girls from the left corner of the orchard. Oh, Leapyear. 

Aaron whisted. "Yo, Leapyear! Get up here." Leapyea said goodbye and hopped up next to Aaron. "Your feathers look nice and red today, Aaron. Did you get them done?" 

"Nah, just wanted to look good for gathering today. How about you? Your practically the color of the farmers' house!" 

"Just wanted to look good for them Left Orchard girls." He winked. Aaron rolled his eyes.

"Ready to go?" Aaron asked Leapyear. 

Without answering, he took flight above the tree heading toward the center of tthe orange grove orchard. "Hey, wait up!" Aaron called.

Leapyear isn't Leapyear's real name. Birds just call him that.

They playfully flew to the center of the orchards. There, like every Sunday, all four orchards: Orange (closest to the farm and home to Leapyear and Aaron), Apple, Cherry (where the Left Orchard girls live) and Pear, all gather weeekly to reveiw news, politics, etc. They are not required to attend, but Aaron and Leapyear seem to get a real kick out of it. 

The head spokesperson for the Sunday gathering is a yellow bird. Hes somewhat old and wise. 

At this gathering he talked about the upcoming orchard elections for head birds and the upcoming elections for spokesperson are coming up. He talks about how we should all make warm nests because our forecast is very cold. (Aaron lives in a tree with Leapyear with a couple other guys) Finally he reports some nest robberies. Yea yea. The usual. Wait, nest robberies?! That got Aaron thinking. 

Later that night, Aaron woke Leapyear. "Psst, Leapyear. Wake up," he wispered.

"What?"

"We can catch the theives! We can stake out and see who's stealing the eggs!"

"Hmm.. You get me that girl from the Cherry Orchard and its a done deal."

"Fine."

They crept out of their nests and into the darkness. Aaron constantly had to wake Leapear. After a couple hours of waiting, Leapyear suggested going back. Aaron was about to agree, but he noticed a sound coming from the barn. The latch moved, and then the door creaked open. A small pig looked both ways before sneaking out to a nearby tree, and then momentarily sneaking back. 

The next day, Aaron reported the mishap to the head spokesperson. They began planning a rebellion. 

Thus, the Angry Wars began...