Chapter 31

PewDie’s P.O.V

“Nicky!” Cry’s voice made me jump as I sat beside the fire, slowly drying off with Ken. “Nicky!” Cry yelled again and suddenly appeared at the top of the stairs, marching over to the tiny woman.

“Show me where this bunker is. We’re leaving now,” he ordered, receiving a nod from Nicky.

I sat still and watched the tall masked man rush outside into the rain. He didn’t look at any of us except Nick, especially not me. I understand that he was upset about Russ but why did he have to push me away? What good would that do?

“Go and say goodbye if you need to,” Cry called, finally turning back to Ken and I. Ken gave me a worried glance before turning back to Cry.

“We’re leaving them behind?” he asked him.

“We can’t leave them,” I told him. It was hard to miss the way Cry’s hands balled into fists.

“Pewds don’t test me right now. If you want to say goodbye then fucking go and say it,” he spat at me, his voice sounding venomous. My eyes widened. Since when does Cry speak to people like that?

“Fuck you,” I muttered over to him as I stood up. Not only was I shocked but I was hurt, still hurt over how he rejected my comfort and now hurt over this and this hurt made me angry, angry at him and angry at whoever had put us in the situation.

I rushed down the stairs and pulled Red into a tight hug as soon as I saw her.

“It’s okay. It’s okay,” she kept telling me but I didn’t know what she was talking about. It was okay to leave them? Was that it? Russ said the same, telling me I shouldn’t be sad over this, that he’ll call us as soon as he and Red get back to Texas. I made them promise and they did.

“Take it easy on Cry. He cares about you he’s just...he’s just an odd one,” Red told me before I left. She was right there.

Our goodbyes were much too short and before long we were back outside in the rain, climbing to the top of the mountain. Nicky and Snake led us, Ken and I walked behind them and Cry was left trailing far behind, not saying a word since his outburst.

“Pewds? You’re not even listening,” Ken complained, whacking my arm gently.

“What? Oh, sorry,” I told him, trying to clear my head so I could focus on whatever he’d been telling me. I hadn’t even known he was talking. Ken looked behind him, catching sight of Cry then looking back at me.

“Just go talk to him Pewds,” Ken sighed. I looked back at the masked man walking through the rain behind us, debating whether I should go to him and risk another rejection.

“I don’t know. I think he wants to be alone...”

“No one wants to be alone right now. Trust me,” he encouraged and picked up his pace a little to catch up with Snake and Nicky. I let out a long sigh and stood still, waiting for Cry to catch up to me. He was looking down at the ground so didn’t even notice I’d stopped until he was right in front of me. When he finally realised there was something obstructing his path he looked up slowly. The fine raindrops rolled down the glossy ceramic of his mask. His hair looked much darker due to the rain and it stuck to the mask. I could see he’d ran fingers through it so much that it slightly stood on edge, sticking out in certain places.

“Cry...”

“I want to be alone,” he interrupted me. My mouth was left, hanging open slightly.

Seriously?!

 I shook my head and let out another disbelieved sigh as I turned around, taking a step forwards and wanting to be away from him myself now.