"Thanks," he replies, stuffing his hands in his pockets and shrugging.  "I really hope so."

I'm just about to assure him we were only messing around when I spot something I never thought I'd see.  I halt, seeing a queue of people lining the pavement outside of Kevin's. 

"Is there some sort of special offer on?" Ollie asks.  "Two for one burgers or something?"

I shake my head.  "I don't think so."

"They're all girls," Emmy points out.  "Look."

She's right.  Girls ranging from eleven-seventeen, maybe even older, fill the pavement outside of Kevin's.  I'm suddenly aware of the excited chatter filling my ears and as we all start forwards again the noise level seems to increase.

"Oh my God!"

"They're here." 

A blonde girl nudges her friend, who turns around to gape up us.  "It's Sketch."

"Told you they'd be here," another girl says.  "They always come here."

I'm about to ask how she knows this when it hits me.  "You're here for us?"

One girl starts fanning her face with her hands when I speak.  "This is epic!"

"Can you sign my CD?"

"I love you Ollie!"

I blink at the crowd of girls who swarm us.  We're blocking the pavements and people in passing cars are turning to stare at what's going on.

This is how real celebrities must feel, having hoards of fans waiting for them to arrive.  For me it's overwhelming and I manage to spend twenty minutes signing things and talking to fans while remaining in a dreamlike trance.  It's like I'm having an out of body experience.  This didn't even happen when Sketch hit it big the first time.

I keep a close eye on Emmy, refraining from holding her hand until the news about our relationship comes out in Rumoribus.  I needn't worry though.  She looks to be having as much fun as me, chatting about anything and everything.  Ollie and Vince are surrounded by girls flicking their hair and batting their eyelashes.  I politely refuse a date and soften the blow with a photograph.  I spot Emmy smiling as another girl tries her luck and I'm glad she knows she has nothing to worry about.  I don't want anyone else but her.

We finally get into Kevin's once the majority of our fans are gone, but the ones who stay behind we invite to join us for bacon sandwiches, which Kevin gives us on the house; thrilled to bits that most of the girls who'd been waiting for us had been buying food all afternoon.

It's evening before we get back to the flat and when we all pile through the door we're greeted by Tanya and four others.  There are rails filled with clothes and boxes crammed with shoes, all of which are brand new still with the tags on.  I flip a label over as I pass and raise my eyebrows at the price. 

"Where have you been?" Tanya asks, sounding like a mother scolding her children.  She doesn't look angry though, just curious.

I leave Ollie to tell the story, only joining in to explain that we'd once listed Kevin's as our favourite place to eat when we'd done a magazine interview and since then fans had been lining the streets almost every day waiting for us to arrive.

Tanya finds this amusing.  "So you're my little celebrities."

Emmy smiles.  "I guess so.  It feels so weird knowing that people know who we are though.  It wasn't long ago that I was just Emmy.  Now I'm Emmy from Sketch."

"Better get used to it," Tanya says.  "I had a phone call from Laura from Rumoribus around half an hour after you all left and she said she'll definitely be back to interview you all again once the album comes out.  She even mentioned something about a feature on you Vince."

I turn around to see Vince's eyes widening.

Ollie snorts with laughter.  "Told you!"

"What's all this?" Emmy asks, drawing my attention away from the fight that's about to ensue on the other side of the room.  Vince really has got to learn to take a joke.  "Are we getting free wardrobe upgrades?"

Tanya smiles.  "You never know, I might let you pick a couple of things to keep."

"But the real reason you're here?" I prompt.

"So you can pick outfits for tomorrow night."

I blink.  "It's the LZ's tomorrow?"

She nods.  "I've booked a limo to pick you all up around half five.  I thought we'd go out for a meal first, to celebrate."

I grin, the thought of getting to go to a posh meal out and a showbiz event suddenly dawning on me.  This could be our life now; fancy meals, designer clothes, celebrity parties. 

I don't even complain as I'm lead away from Emmy and over to a rack stuffed full with shirts and jeans. 

I grin at the lady holding a notepad before I let my eyes skim over the first few pairs of trousers.  "Do your worst," I say.  Only then do I realise my smile's gotten even bigger.