Hope rising

Percy's P.O.V

I am going to die.

tartarus is going to be the one that kills me.

The elevator door started to close and I keep my leg between them so that it would not go.

Things just got complicated. What chance do we have.

Iapetus said "go" gave a battle cry and started to fight tartarus, but I could tell he was leading tartarus away.

Now kelli and I have to face up against millions and millions of monsters.

"We can't leave him" I said as I stabbed a hellhound that leaped out of the shadow.

"No duh" said kelli.

We keep on fighting, endless of monsters, waves and waves of them coming and overwhelming the doors.

I knew in my heart that if this continues we would die. Strangely I was okay with that, I mean the doors of death are free, that's if the others break the chains from the others side.

I gave them a fighting chance, in a way I could tell that kelli was fine. She gave a chance of her race surviving, and she would be killed for just a year or two. In a way she was acting like a hero.

Iapetus gave a yell of pain as tartarus gave a swipe with his claws and torn across the armor Iapetus had.

My ADHD side wonder when Iapetus had the armor, then again he was a titan.

Tartarus towered over the fallen form of Iapetus who was in a daze of pain.

All the monsters turn their attention to tartarus as he was going to kill a titan.

Kelli and I both knew this was the part when we let go of our chance of going up.

Just when we were about to attack a row of monsters all the way in the back fell.

BOOM BOOM BOOM.

Everyone stopped in confusing.

But I smiled once I saw a familiar figure on a certain drakon.

Damasen.

Tartarus growled out "You. Disgrace son why have you come"
But Damasen just got off the drakon turned to where I was and said "I decided to pick my own fate Lokison"

Damasen went towards tartarus, monsters clearing the way.

"Father you wish to have a more worthy battle, well how about your own son"

With that he picked of the spear next to Iapetus and got to a fighting stance.

"This does not matter, I will destroy you all and have you slow die over and over again in my armor." Bellowed Tartarus.

Chaos begun.

They started to fight, the dragon walked and trampled over monster spewing out poison.

In the middle of it Iapetus limped over to where kelli and I were at.

We knew the plan, Iapetus made it clear he would hold the button, his faithful cat by his side.

Tartarus saw it and bellow "NO"

He raised his hands and out of the golden dust formed Krios who started to fight with Iapetus in hand to hand combat.

But not before Iapetus giving kelli a look.

Kelli look at me and said "You have to go, stop this madness"

"No. I can't leave you guys" I protested.

Kelli looked at me with sad eyes "Maybe your kind ain't that bad. But you have to."

Iapetus cat started to fight monsters near us.

"This will not be the last sacrifice, Be brave."

She pushed me in and winked as she held the doors.

"Hold the doors together, When you hear the ding let go"

Thats when the door closed, I quickly held it shut.

I felt sadness. But nothing like I never knew.

Back then I had a proper goodbye, now I was leaving them in battle.

I felt like a coward.

Thats when I vowed to get them back, somehow.

Ding.

The door open and I step out and fell unconscious.

.....................

I woke up on a soft bed. Groaning I sifted in the bed. Thats when I heard a voice that destroyed all hope in me.

"Percy, it's me annabeth"

My eyes snapped open and I saw annabeth in Argo II infirmary. Another dream that Chrysaor made me had to make me lose hope.

Was me escaping..... everything..... just a dream.

Any second I would wake up and see Chrysaor laughing at me for holding such hope.

I felt myself being destroyed in the inside as I stared at annabeth's gray eyes.

Her eyes started to fill with tears.

"Nice try but some illusion is not gonna bring my guard."

"percy please" ann- no the illusion said

I will not fall for this.

I pinned the illusion and put my dagger I got from.... Damasen (or was that a dream?) which was strangely still there and put it against her throat.

I whispered "You're just some illusion all I got to do is kill you and it'll be over"

She looked right in my eyes

"do it, I dare you"

I looked in those eyes, the grey eyes that helped me and was there for me. How can I kill her, even if she was just an illusion.

I just fell to my knees and held my head.

Chrysaor won, he broke me. I may never hope again.

"Percy, let me help"

She touched my shoulder but I jumped back and was on the end of the bed, in a ball just shutting the world out. I was broken couldn't chrysaor see that.

Another person came in but I still did not look, better not see or hear anymore.

I felt someone near me on the bed.

"remember when I was eight and I scared you by just saying hi, you jumped like ten feet in the air"

Annabeth quietly laughed.

I just stared at her.

How would chrysaor know something so detailed and personally. He always did the broad happiness.

"or that time when you saw the strolls paint your cabin purple, you like murder them" Annabeth continued to laugh.

I chuckle weakly. I was free. This was really.

"they started it, I just ended it"

The price was high, no doubt I will get my friends down there free. Somehow. But right now..... hope was rising.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N- Sorry for the delay. I was trying to figure out the ending to this. Also I really enjoyed this book. I am now certain I will make another son of loki book, but with action. INFINITY WAR. Yeah thats right I got the basic plot down. and it might be done in two books.

Anyway hope you enjoy

tell me if you like it or not

comment

vote (wattpad)

Cooljoanna14 out