+1 ➵ Making It Work

#0to100realquick #youhavebeenwarned

Illusion Alternative Ending

Hey, so this is the first extra chapter. They won't take place on the island and will be mostly fluff, so you don't have to read them. These chapters won't be in order exactly nor are they a solid continuation of the story.
I didn't think I'd update today, but I wanted to do something special because it's my birthday! Yay! Anyway, hope you enjoy.

*

My legs felt like jell-o, my hair probably looks like the equivalent of a bird's nest and my eyes most likely have dark bags under them. The only thing I've got going for me is the fact that I just woke up from literally yea best sleep I've had in days. Plane rides were the best for dozing off. But having a flight attendant poking you and passive aggressively asking you to get up and that you 'might want to wipe the drool off you're face' wasn't so good.

My converse squeaked as I dragged my feet, trying not to run into anyone in the crowded airport. Zach and Gray had got on a different airplane and I promised as soon as I got off, I'd buy a new phone to text him. This is the first time we've been apart, and it wasn't easy. I found myself constantly worried about whether or not him and Gray were safe. I knew in my brain that it was all over, sort of, but my heart still beat rapidly in my chest at every little thing.

I slung my bag over my shoulder and rolled my suitcase to one of the Radio Shack stands. There wasn't much of a choice in stores. Perk of having rich distant parents: black card. Please note the crude humor, it's all I've got left.

I wasn't in the mood to have some long conversation with a store clerk so when I walked up to the counter and the guy's eyes widened, I ignored him. "iPhone 6," I grumbled.

He raised his eyebrow at me and I shrugged. It wasn't my money and I really didn't feel like explaining this to him. I didn't usually let my parents money get to my ego, but right now I just wanted, needed, a phone. As the clerk, Todd, was setting up my phone, it occurred to me that I didn't have anyone's number. I groaned, loudly.  Couldn't I be given a break for once? I walked out of the store and dialed my mother's cell. She didn't pick up, of course. I rolled my eyes and dialed her business phone.

"C'mon ma, pick up."

"Hello. Ms. Aila Blair's office. How can I-"

"Stacey, can you put my mother on?"

"Of course, one minute."

I tapped my foot impatiently and checked that time. Zach and Gray would have been home already and here I am still stuck in the freaking airport.

"Hello?"

I breathed a sigh when she finally picked up. I didn't want to be stuck here are any longer than I had to be. "Ma, it's me. I'm at the East Entrance."