08 ➵ perfigure

Prefigure is just another word for foreshadow. This is just a sneak peak into what's in store.

Enjoy and please don't forget to comment. Tell me what you think!

ILLUSION

[part two: chapter eight]

FORESHADOW

I felt my heart leap into my chest. This was it. No going back now.

I had invested most of my life to do just this; perfecting my abilities to get this mission completed.

Hacking into the system was easier than I had expected. Pressing the final button to unleash the virus was a whole other problem.

My judgment was clouded. I had met so many amazing people...

Gray, Claire, Owen...

Zach

Could I do this? Could I really shut this place down?

Even if I did, what's stopping them from doing it all over. A simple 'third time's the charm.'

I shook my head. Focus, Mari. You have to do this. This place was dangerous. People have been injured. Some even died.

Jurassic World had killed my father. And now it was time for revenge.

Revenge for all of the people this place has hurt. Twenty-two years of pain could be all erased.

And all I had to do was push I button. Ir wasn't like I hadn't done that before...

I breathed in.

This was happening not matter what.

Zach might be mad at me, but it'll be worth it.

I think.

Damn it, Mari snap out of it. Zach is just some teenage boy.

Who cares if he actually listens to me. Who cares if he was my first kiss. Who cares if I might actually love him.

This was bigger than him.

Bigger than me.

It had to be done.

Flashing blue, the screen alerted me that I only had a few seconds until the firewall crashed. If I let that happen, I won't be able to shit this place down for good.

I breathed out.

Slowly, I brought my finger down.

The screen turned bright red.

"Alert! Alert! All systems shut down. Releasing locks now."

What? What happened? The virus was supposed to erase data. I had targeted the bioengineering lab pacifically.

The firewall crashed.

I heard a creeking sound. I turned.

"Did you really think I was going to let some little girl ruin twenty years of work?"

Dr. Wu. But what was he doing back? He cleared out the lab....

"If you don't stop this, all of those dinosaurs will be released."

"Perfect," he smirked. "Now I can study my creations in their natural habitat," he smirked.

"What natural habitat? There is nothing natural about those dinosaurs and you know it! You're sick," I spit. "There are still thousands of people still on the island."

"Collateral damage."

I watched as he turned and left the Control Room.

"All assets out of containment," echoed around me.

*
Sorry if the chapters seem a little bit choppy. I'm trying to stay close to the story, but also add my own ideas.

Illusion ➵ Zach MitchellOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara