I titled my head and washed out the shampoo from my light, blonde hair. It rushed down my body giving me a pleasant shiver.

I thought about mates and how happy and content Jason and Avery were. I wanted to be happy like them too. But I was nineteen and when you turn sixteen, you were meant to find your mate. There'd have to be some connection. Jason was lucky at seventeen but here I am. Nearly twenty with no hope of finding my other half.

I quickly dried myself off and put on a bra and panties. Then I hopped into some skinny jeans and vest top to go downstairs. The smell of hot chocolate wafted up from the kitchen and I inhaled. Mom was adding tiny marshmallows on top that floated merrily.

Avery was already drinking hers and smiling. I pulled mine cup to me and started eating the marshmallows.

"Thank you for the chocolates honey," Mom said and looked gratefully at me. I smiled in return and grabbed another marshmallow.

"However," she whispered, "I've been thinking about your mating. You haven't found your mate yet and I'm sure he's out there somewhere, and I've been thinking..." she said very carefully.

Mom knew how I was about this topic yet she'd always bring it up. Since Jason had been lucky she'd been wishing I had been too. "that maybe you should mate with someone from the village?" She suggested and I felt disgusted.

"WHAT?" I roar and stare at her.

"Darling, I want nothing more than for you to find your soul mate but you're almost twenty and well...you need to settle down. What's wrong if you mate with another wolf?"

"Err, maybe because he won't be my real mate?" I retorted and she sighed. "Mom, I want to be happy just like you and Dad were and Jason and Avery are." At the mention of my Dad her face went down and I know I'd touched a sensitive subject. She missed him like crazy and that's how mates were.

"And, I'd be betraying my mate if I slept with another wolf. How'd he feel then? I know it is unlikely now but you have to give me some more time." I urge and she nods. She had to know how I was feeling. Just the thought of mating with someone other than my mate revolted me. I wouldn't let something like that happen. And besides, I was helping my brother. If I never found my mate, I'd always assist my brother with the pack.

I'm part of pack training regime that helps wolves become stronger, more strategic and courageous. I train everyday and run around the village to stay healthy. I'm in shape and could very well look after myself.

Talking about my brother, my ears perked up at the sound of his car. Avery jumped up and looked out the window, smiling that her mate had come home and that was exactly the look I wanted to have when I'd be with mine.