Chapter 17: The Wedding Plan

Start from the beginning

Shiela: There goes the difference again... Could we settle it like this? We'll design the invites like a concert ticket and then we'll attach their designated room like a BIB tag? Is that okay?

Matt: That's fine.

Sarah: I'm okay with that.

Shiela: For the food, Sarah likes Thai and Filipino cuisine while Matt opts for Italian dishes. We'll just put it altogether in the menu and let's let the guest choose. Is that fine with you guys?

We just nodded.

Shiela: Sarah wants a church wedding while Matt wants a garden one. We already reserved Manila Cathedral and we already got a spot in Balesin on your wedding date.We'll hold the wedding in the Cathedral then we'll have your personal vows in Balesin where we''ll also hold the 2 days reception.

Both Matt and I can't help but laugh at the situation.

Shiela: Why you two are laughing at me?

Sarah: Sorry Shiela. (I said while I can't still stop laughing.)

Matt: Are we the most difficult client you've handled?

Shiela: Do I have to answer that? Of course, yes! Haha! How different can the two of you will get?! Huh? Are you sure you're really marrying each other?!

A simple statement that left a hanging question for both of us.

Come to think of it, we're really far different from each other.

We're like yin and yang, north and south, ebony and ivory...

He's an outgoing person while I'm a home buddy.

He likes sports and I love to slouch in the bed.

He's a morning person and I'm not.

He's free spirited while I'm laid back.

He loves kissing while I prefer to cuddle instead.

Too many differences that if I write down, might take 10 or more pages to complete.

Will these differences really matter in this marriage that we're about to enter?

I'm not sure...

But what we're sure of is that – when we look in each other's eyes, we're the same...

We have the same look of love.

We have same sense of commitment and fidelity.

We're both hopeful to smell the breeze of forever.

For me, these reasons alone are enough to take the risk.