Chapter 18

My school got off an hour early the next day because of a teacher meeting, so now I'm at the studio alone. I walked to the studio from the school, while Emily said that she needed to go home first and wouldn't drive me.

I was doing a little improv by myself in Studio A. I loved dancing, but I always felt awkward about doing a solo in front of people. When times come that I must do one, I stick to the whole "get it done and over with" thing.

  I was just finishing up when I hear someone walking down the hall and to the studio. I paused in the middle of the floor, looking out the door until I seen James walk in.

"Hey." He greeted me, his smile growing bigger by the second.

  "Hey." I responded, just sounding quieter. I walked across the floor and joined him by his cubby.

  "You're here early." He commented, his smile still playing on his lips.

  "Yeah, I'm, I got off from school early today." I replied.

  "That's a pretty good way to start off the week." He chuckled. The distant sound of talking and feet walk began to grow more clearer. Eldon and West walked in through the doors, being their loud selves. James turned his head to look at them, while they walked to the corner of the studio, their usual place.

  "Come on man!" West called out to James.

"Yeah, tell me about it. At least I'm staying at my moms this week." I told James, trying to keep his attention on me. But he didn't even acknowledge me. He walked past me and towards the boys. I walked closely behind him, determined to not be left out.

  But that wasn't so easy when you're with three guys and you're only half their size.

  I stood awkwardly outside their huddle while they talked loudly and laughed even louder. None of the conversation appealed to me, some of it didn't even make sense to me. 

  "Hey, why don't we run down and get a juice while we wait for everyone else?" Eldon suggested. James West hollered in agreement, while I just nod my head a little with a smile.

  "Great lets go." Eldon said and the three took off running, leaving me behind. Then I realized that I obviously wasn't invited.

FakerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara