Chapter 14

The three scramble to their feet and dart down the corridors to the Great Hall. Lily is being treated by Luna. Her own blood is on her face. She is sitting on a cot while Luna is wrapping her in bandages. Lily winces a few times every once in a while. Ron runs to Lily and wraps his arms around her.

"Ron! You could hurt her more! Be careful!" Luna yells at him. Lily chuckles and wraps her arms around Ron. Harry taps Ron on his shoulder and Ron moves. Harry attacks Lily with his arms.

"Harry, i'm not dying i'm alright." Lily chuckles.

"I know but what i'm about to tell you- well you aren't going to like it." Harry responds. Lily unlatches from Harry and looks at him.

"What is going on?" Then she gasps. "Did you get the Horcrux?! Did you destroy it?" She asks.

"Yes we got it, we destroyed it. Come on we have to go to the boat house. Voldemort is going to kill Snape. Also the snake is the last Horcrux. We need to go." Lily nods, ties the bandages around her and tucks it in. Pulls her shirt down and hops off the cot. Harry takes Lily's hand and they run. When they get to the boat house, Harry leading them, he crouches down when he hears voices. Lily behind him, then Ron, then Hermione follow his lead and crouch down. We are all in front of a window. Harry and Lily only look through the window as Hermione and Ron listen. Then Voldemort comes into view.

"Why doesn't it work for me?" Voldemort asks. Then Harry and Lily sees Snape standing there most anxiously.

You have performed extraordinary magic with this wand, my Lord. In the last few hours alone-" Snape starts, Voldemort cuts him off.

"No! I am extraordinary! But the wand resists me!" Voldemort yells.

"My Lord?" Snape asks.

"The wand. Does it truly answer to me?" Voldemort demands.

"There is no wand more powerful. Ollivander himself said it. Tonight when the boy comes to you, it will not fail you, i am sure. It answers to you, and you only." Snape states.

"Does it?" Voldemort snaps.

Snape says nothing. For a moment he involvement stand perfectly still two faces in the darkness the only sound, lapping of the lake.

"Your clever man Severus surely you must know" says Voldemort.

Snape remains silent. His gaze shifts to Nagini, still slumming slowly over the floor.

"Where Severus? Where does its loyalty lie?" Asks Voldemort.

Severus looks up from Nagini, and notices that Voldemort is staring at him.

"With you, of course, My Lord." Says Snape anxiously.

Voldemort stares long at Severus, then, the Lord finally speaks.

"The Elder wand cannot serve me properly, Severus, because I am not its true Master. The Elder wand belongs to the wizard who killed it's last owner. Ollivander was quite explicit about that. You killed Dumbledore, Severus. While you love, the Elder wand cannot be truly mine." says Voldemort.

Snape stares at Voldemort, then his eyes shift to Nagini, still slithering.

"My Lord-" Severus starts but stops.

Voldemort raises the wand, points it at Snape's throat.

"But only i can live forever." Voldemort says. Then he sweeps his arm away, slitting his throat. Severus falls. Voldemort turns away and points the wand to Nagini.

"Kill."

The snake strikes Snape's throat. Ron covers Lily's mouth and pulls her struggling back around so her back is pressing Ron's front. She doesn't scream or say anything, not even moan against the restraints, she just tries to get out of it. No tears. The snake strikes again. And again. Again the wall thumps where Severus's head slams against it, with the snake striking his neck. And again.