Can I go?

Autumn's POV

"Mooom! Daaad!" I yelled running down the stairs to my parents.

"Yes dear?" They asked together.

I softly giggled. Jinx. "Um can I go to a Halloween party with Alice tomorrow night?" Please please pleeeease say yes. My friend Alice has been talking about it to the entire softball team yesterday and I wanted to go. I looked at my dad.

"Now now Autumn don't look at me. It's your mother you need to ask." With that he continued reading the newspaper. So much for his support. I turned to my mom and smiled.

"No Autumn I don't feel okay with letting you go." My smile faded.

"But mom I-"

"I said no Autumn." She said sternly taking a sip of coffee.

I felt my eyebrows scrunch together as I turned back to my dad. Before I could say something he interrupted.

"She said no Autumn don't argue." Ugh well this was worthless. I scoffed and stormed back to my room.

I flopped on my bed. My fingers ran up and down the teal silk comforter.

Looking up at the ceiling I tried to come up with a good enough excuse to tell Alice when she asks why I can't go.

After what seemed like forever. I finally came up with one. I'll just tell her I can't make it because I've got a lot of homework. Yeah that sounds believable. I hope she buys it.

I set my alarm clock after putting on a pair of shorts and tank top. 6:30Am. I snuggled underneath my blankets and slowly sleep consumed me. Only five hours to sleep. Yay.