Chapter 4: Jason's story

I woke up to see a girl. I was really scared of what she might do. "It's okay I'm not gonna hurt you" she said. For some reason I believed her. She looked like a nice girl, she had nice long brown hair, her eyes were gold which was weird. Her skin was very pale just like mines. After I observing the girl, I had a burning sensation in my throat. " Why is my throat burning?" I asked. "I'll explain to after hunting come on let's go." She said."What do you need to explain? and what's your name?" I need to explain what we are and my name is Isbella but I prefer to be called Bella" she said." What's your name?" She asked. "My name is Jason."I said. For some reason she didn't frighten me. I started to get scared at that thought. " are you okay?." She asked. " why are you nice to me?" I asked. " Everybody needs to be treated nice even you." She said

"What do you mean?" I asked

" you looked scared like I was gonna hurt but I would never." She said

"My mom and dad said that I'm not supposed to be treated nice because I don't deserve it." I said i don't now why I was telling her this but it felt like I was supposed to. When she came near I scooted back afraid she might hurt me. " It's okay I'm not going to hurt you. Come on lets go hunting, then you can tell me about yourself later okay." She said. She started to leave and I went behind her as she led the way. When we got out . Her house was in the forest. I turned so I can see the house from front and it was three story high, that had a lot of glass windows, was painted light blue. She had such a big house I'll have to ask her why. "Come on."She said. While we were running she told me that we are vampires. But I didn't believe her she told me she'll show me later. She told me about the Voltaire and how there are like the vampire police and how they'd kill newborns who attack. Then she told me about covens and how there are a lot of them and nomads the ones who move around. How some nomads are threats. Vampires have pale skin which is cold, red or yellow depends on what they feed on animals or humans but she prefers animals so they're would be less deaths on earth. She told me that her eyes are yellow because she drinks animal blood. Eyes that are red means the vampire feeds on humans. She also told me about gifts and that very few vampires have then. She thinks I have a gift.

We finally got where she was taking me. " sniff the air and what do you smell? She asked. I did as she said. I sniffed the air and smelled elk " I smell elk" I said.
We finished hunting and to her house.I don't know how I didn't notice it before by her house was huge.
"So Jason tell me about yourself."

"I'm 17 yars old.I like to read and play basketball. My favorite color is green. I was mostly abuses most of my life. When my mother left, I was only 6 . When I was about 12, he started the abuse. He told not to tell anybody or he will kill me. So I didn't tell anybody. Even if I did they wouldn't believe me because everybody hates me at my school even the teachers, they would give me a lot of homework.I only had one friend in that school and his name was Daniel even though his parents didn't like me. He didn't care he always stood up for me. When you saw me all bloody and let dt to die that was my dad. He thought I stole his money but I didn't. So he beat me and kicked me and started heating me with a belt and then he dragged me out to the forest to die."

"It's been rough in hasn't it. Well ala I could say is sorry that your dad didn't do his job for taking care of you."

"What are apologizing for you didn't do anything."

"I know."