How He Came Over....

Start from the beginning

"Dylan you're sweaty," I giggled finally taking notice of his state and the sweat he left on my skin.

"I'm sorry about that," he apologized rolling over and lying down beside me. I leaned over and rested my head on his chest listening to his heart beat, "After I gave the fool his well deserved beating, I convinced coach to let me back on the field because I had enough reason to fight him. He agreed and then we played the rest of the game and won."

"Congrats," I said smiling, "You deserve it."

"I won for you. I always play for you Skye," he confessed and I blushed wildly hiding my face in his chest.

"Thank you," I told him honestly.

"I came right over as soon as the game was done. I was worried about you. I kept on thinking that I didn't know what happened to you. Whether your hand was broken or if you had a shoulder to cry on. All I was thinking was that you were in pain and I was on the field and I just wanted the game to be over so that I could get to you," he sat up now and looked into my eyes as he bent over me so that we were face to face, with me lying down, "I'm sorry for everything I said, for the way I talked to you and for the three weeks we ignored each other."

"It's okay Dylan," I pressed my hand to his face.

"Is your hand okay? Does it hurt?" he looked worried.

"It's okay, I promise. The pain killers take away half of the pain," I forced a laugh.

"I tried to get some stuff on my way over but everywhere was locked. I hope to grab some stuff tomorrow and probably give them to Theo to give to you," he smiled as I gently rubbed his face, "I had a sprain wrist once. Throwing the ball got to my hand a little bit."

"I remember. It was sometime last year," I confirmed and he nodded, "What are we going to do about us?"

"We'll take it one step at a time," he assured me. I ran my thumb over his lips before pulling him back down to kiss me. He willingly crashed his lips against mine.

"Skylar," there was a knock at my door as my brother called my name. Dylan pulled away and smirked at me as I groaned.

"What?!" I yelled.

"Skye we need to talk," his tone was serious.

"Not tonight. I'm tired and these painkillers are putting me to sleep," I lied.

"Are you okay?" he sounded worried. I rolled my eyes at that and Dylan laughed softly. I glared at him warningly.

"Yeah, just a sprain wrist. You'll have to make me breakfast in the morning. We'll talk then," I told him.

"Okay deal. Well goodnight sis. Love you," he said.

"Yeah congrats on the win. Goodnight, love you too," I replied and then listened to his footsteps leading away from my door. I breathed out in relief.

"There's this carnival tomorrow. I was taking my brother and sister and they can't seem to shut up about you, especially Daniel. Would you like to come?" Dylan asked me breaking the silence.

"Oh crap," I face palmed myself.

"What is it?" he frowned. I wondered if it was safe to tell him about Bryan and how he would react. He didn't like Bryan so I doubt it was a good idea but I wasn't going to give up an opportunity to go out with Dylan. Who was Bryan anyways?

"I was supposed to go out with Bryan tomorrow but I'll cancel. I wasn't looking forward to it anyways," I said truthfully.

"Bryan? The dude I beat up?" he frowned.

"Yes but it was before you resolved things and I had nothing to do tomorrow so I agreed," I place my hands on his chest, "I'll cancel and tell him something came up."

"Okay," he agreed although I could tell he was slightly upset.

"And I might carry Ariana because you can't pick me up and I can't exactly drive," I chuckled a little awkwardly not knowing how he would take it.

"Ari knows about us?" he asked and I nodded, "That's cool with me. Theo knows."

"That explains a lot," I replied thoughtfully.

"I don't mind if she comes," he told me and got up from the bed. He placed a kiss on my forehead and brushed my hair back, "I have to go now."

"That's okay. I'll see you tomorrow," the words escaped my lips as a promise as he climbed out the window, pausing to wink at me and then disappearing out of my view as he jumped down the tree.