Chapter 2: Life is Rough for a Rebel

"AH HAHAHA!! That was Crystal Microphone Underground sung by The hero himself and Lovino Vargas!" I spoke happily into my mic, my headphones hanging on my neck. "Up next we have My Chemical Romance singing Na Na Na! We're going back to the good ol' days of 2014 and such. This is R-Channel 50.12 and we'll be back after this golden classic~" Continuing, I put the old CD into the rom-com and selected the song.

"Alfred did you hear?" My partner, Arthur, asked with a worrisome expression. Naturally being the news reporter for the station, he always gets the rumors and facts before anyone.

"Hear what dude?"

"The mission was botched. Feliciano forgot to put on his mask and a police officer started shooting at them when Kiku lit the lighter. The had to flee to East Town." He said, twiddling with his hands nervously, "They luckily got there with no injury.... but.... they don't know when they'll come back."

"That specific officer has been a problem huh? Officer (L/n) was it... He's been clipping off our willing troops left, right, and center." My brother, Mathew, mentioned, leaning in the doorway.
I wasn't the type to blame for problems like this but Mathew had a point.... a point I wasn't getting.

I leaned over and took the CD out of the broadcast system and turned on the mic as I ushered everyone outside of the recoding booth. "Welcome back everyone, hope you enjoyed that. Now I know it's not my place to say, seeing that I don't report the news that often, there's a nasty little rumor going 'round that our mission to burn down district hall one was failed. Our Axis friends fled the scene when some nutty police officer started to shoot at Honda Kiku.... the are currently in East Town right now and are okay." To get back to the positive side of the world, I picked up Echo by GUMI and put it in.

I sighed and left the booth to let Gilbert announce since it was his turn. He handed me a coffee and said, "Kesesese You're gonna need it today..."

I took the coffee and sipped it while it was still piping hot. Arthur gathered some papers to prepare himself for the news corner and almost bumped into me while rushing to the recording booth.

I grabbed my lucky bomber jacket off the chair and put it on. "I'm going out. I need some air."

"Come back safely! And no graffiti!" Arthur yelled, waving his papers around.

I pushed open the doors and walked into town, keeping an eye out for cops. I'm already a suspect in the bombing of Burealo bank, I don't need to be for anything else.
I plugged in my Traveler's radio and popped in the floater cassette copy of my favorite CD loaded with songs by The Seatbelts.

"Jessie! Oh Jessie!" Yao Wang shouted, making fun of me for my assigned full name alibi; Jessie Philips Wilson.

"What do you want, old timer?"

"Heard your broadcast... pretty weird now that we're losing aru." He said with a light smirk, "You thinking what I'm thinking Jones?"

I smirked. Yao supplied the rebels with a wide and custom arsenal of bombs and guns since he produces them so fast.

And I was his most valued customer and designer.

"Got any new toys, China-dude?"

He slammed a new arm canon onto the counter as I walked in. The place was obviously owned by someone Asian.

"The V-9 series 8. I got on pre-release and haven't even tested it yet, Aru. I know you want to give it a go~

I picked up the cannon and held my hand on the trigger. I pumped it a bit and and fired a blast at the wall.

"AIYAH! My wall, aru!"

"Sorry dude..." I apologised, staring at the cannon. "Hahaha! Oh baby~ She is ready to go! How much?"

"Two - thousand. Including the amo, cleaning equipment, and hole in my wall aru."

"I said sorry dude! Ugh!"

"That doesn't mean anything from you Aru..." he muttered, "fine... one thousand and five hundred..."

"Deal!" I slammed some bills on the counter and picked up the beauty....

This is going to be fun...