Vanilla Twilight- Danger

Once, there had been a time when Dean Winchester was young. Strong. Handsome. Girls went weak at the knees with just one wink.

But there was this one girl that stood out. Well, she wasn't exactly a girl - more like an alien from outer space that happened to look like one. A very beautiful one.

He would never know her real name, only that she called herself the Stranger. Whether that was her actual name or not, Dean was still in the dark, even after all those years. Time Lords - her species - were very secretive when it came to names. Names held power. Or so she said.

But, whatever she said, she would never be a stranger to him. Not when he remembered the exact colour of her mesmerising amber eyes, or how her perfect lips curled into a smile that was enough to brighten Dean out of a bad day. God, those lips... What he wouldn't give to taste them one last time.

Oh, God, he missed her so much. He longed to hear her laugh once more. He longed for her touch.

But would she accept Dean in this state if they ever met again? She would still be young and pretty, thanks to her alien genes, but he pretty much had one foot in the grave. He was surprised that no evil creatures had seized the chance yet to finish off the notorious hunter he once was.

He had given up on that life, now, something he had never been able to do when he was in his youth. Thankfully, the Bunker he lived in was still, surprisingly, in perfect shape. Unlike Dean himself.

No, he left all the hunting jobs to younger men and women, who were more capable.

Dean nodded his head to the beat of One by Metallica, a band he was still into. All his old cassettes were considered relics at this modern age, but he would never sell them. He loved them too much. In fact, he would even pass them on to his children.

That's if he had any.

That's if he wasn't so lonely.

Dean was just about to switch his music player off when he heard a strange whooshing sound play over the song. He frowned. After decades of listening to One, he was pretty sure this wasn't part of the song.

Maybe the cassette player was just faulty. Or maybe there was something else.

Sure enough, when he paused the music, the sound kept going. Soon, it died out completely, leaving an eerie silence. There was something wrong about this - the kind of wrong that he used to investigate as a young man.

Dean struggled to his feet, his old hunter's instincts returning to him. He was rusty from years of no practice, but he was pretty sure he remembered how to take down a monster of any kind. And at least, if he were to die at any moment, he would end while on his feet, doing something he was - quite literally - born to do. He'd go down swingin'.

He reached out and took his gun, which was lying on the coffee table. The weight felt familiar in his hands, and he tensed his frail hand, prepared squeeze the trigger at any moment. He hadn't realised how much he missed this sudden rush of adrenaline until now. The most excitement he got these days was catching up on his favourite TV show. ((Arrow :D))

Dean felt his heart rate quicken as he not-so-sneakily shuffled into the corridor where the unidentified sound had come from. If it went any faster, he could die. But, if this was a demon or a ghost or whatever, he would die soon anyway.

However, after a long, silent minute of looking, he couldn't see anything abnormal. Old age must've messed with his thoughts - the Bunker was impenetrable by evil forces, anyway.

With a small sigh, Dean slowly walked back to where he was sitting, when something caught his eye.

A door.