Chapter 8: Stuck

💭hey-yo!!! Thanks for reading my story. Unedited chapter again, sorry. I know I haven't been putting this at all but btdubs I don't own fma or fmab. Yo, if I did, bitch please. I'd be Japanese. And not on wattpad. And a whole lot older. And even more fabulous than I already am. (Ew Livvy shtap) Okay enjoy and bie💭

Nothing was as awkward as this.

Ed, Al, and Ana were all sitting at a dinner table with mr. Hughes and his family, Gracia an Alicia. Gracia had put out a spread like no other, and everyone was smiling and laughing and catching up on life, together.

It almost looked like Ed and Al we're apart of their family.
And Ana was just the hostage.

"Please, don't be shy, Ana. Dig in!" Hughes said between mouths of food.

Ana noticed that Al wasn't eating, but didn't question it, looking down at her own bare plate. She took a roll and quietly nibbled on a piece. Food hadn't been agreeing with her lately.

I guess my body's just not used to food yet. I was dead for a while, after all.

Edward, on the other hand, was eating like he skipped breakfast and lunch, shoving bread and pie and meat down in a flurry of plate scraping noises and chewing.

How does all that fit in a body that short????

Alicia was a quick eater as well, and soon asked her mother to be excused.
"Mommy, can I go play with big sister?"

Ana's head shot up. Thy have another daughter?

"Go ahead and ask her, dear."

Alicia's chubby little toddler legs hopped off of the stool and wobbled over to Ana, tugging on the older girls sleeve.

"Will big sister play now?" Alicia asked with large pleading eyes.
Oh
I'm big sis

"Yeah, sure." Ana said as Alicia pulled Ana into her bedroom and handed her a doll.

"You brush the hair like this!" She told Ana, handing her a small doll brush from a pile of toys.

"I have a little sister, though she's only a year younger than me." Ana said why did I say that?

"Oh?" Alicia looked up from her doll, setting it on the floor, forgotten. "What's her name?"

"Ella. Well, her real name is Gabriella but it's just Ella for short."

"And your Ana."

Ana smiled. This girl was sharp, and adorable, and reminded her of simpler times with Ella.

"Yeah, well, can I tell you a secret?" Ana whispered.

Alicia's eyes rounded and she nodded her head vigorously, blonde pigtails swishing on the sides of her face.

"My real name is Gloriana, but no one knows that but Ella. Can you keep the secret?"

"Yes!"

*while they are playing....

Gracia cleared the plates and went to work in the kitchen, which left the brothers and Hughes to talk by themselves on more serious matters.

"Is that her, then? The one everyone's been talking about?" Hughes asked.

"Yep, that's her."

"Is she always so..."

"Worse." Edward moaned. "And it looks like she's our responsibility for a far longer time than I'd like."

"Me and brother are still looking for a way to get our bodies back, see." Alphonse cut in.

"Oh. So does she know about you, Alphonse?"

"No. She really doesn't know anything about us except brother is a state alchemist. That's why she hates him." Al explained.

"She's half ishvalen." Edward said in response to Hughes confused look.

"That's not fair. You weren't stationed in ishval, or even a part of the military, during the ishvalen war of extermination." He countered.

"Yeah, well, better her hate goes out on someone who can take it, rather than some knucklehead that'd kill her for insulting him."

----Ana POV or something idk

"Hey, I'll be right back, I'm going to use the bathroom." Ana told Alicia, setting her off if her lap.

"Okay!" She smiled, and grabbed a second doll.

Ana closed the door softly and turned down the hall. Walking a few steps, her legs became wobbly and she rested her shoulder and head against the wall.

Maybe I should have eaten something after all...

Then she heard the brothers talking to Hughes

"That's not fair. You weren't stationed in ishval, or even a part of the military, during the ishvalen war of extermination." Mr. Hughes said.

He what?

"Yeah, well, better her hate goes out on someone who can take it, rather than some knucklehead that'd kill her for insulting him." Edward answered, softly.

Ana's tears streamed down her face like unwanted rivers. She slipped quietly into the bathroom and looked at her reflection in the mirror.

Blue eyes.

As long as she had these blue eyes she would never fully be an ishvalen or apart of their world.
Yet her hair was that of the ishvalen race, so how could she be just amestrian, either?

And she had no person to guide her. Ella, yes, was alive, but without memory of anything. Perhaps she could gain it back with time, but the odds were 1000 to 1.

She quickly wiped her eyes and rubbed some cool water in her face to stop the redness and puffing. Looking presentable, she made her way back to Alicia's room, where the lights were off.

Cautiously, she opened the door to see a sleeping Alicia already I. Pajamas and bed.

"I'm sorry, but she was already asleep when I came to check in her. I'm sure she'd tell you goodbye if she could." Gracia smiled a warm, motherly smile.

Like the ones mom used to have, before dad died...

Ana was not going to cry again.

Ana just nodded and shut the door again, and started to walk back to the front room when Gracia's voice caught her.

"You need to know that those boys have had a rough time growing up as well. But they really do care about you. They care about everyone, and that's their gift."

Ana turned around and bowed slightly.
"Thank you for the meal, Mrs. Hughes. And the kind words."

"Anytime, dear."

They went into the front room together, where Ed, Al, and Hughes were sitting on the couch talking. Gracia sat by her husband and, there only being one a valuable spot, Ana sat by Edward.

Though Ed was a little surprised by her actions, he still noticed she was as far away from him as possible on the couch.

Ed sighed, ignoring the sinking feeling in his stomach to having her not trust him, and continued his conversation on alchemy with Hughes.

Ana rested her arm on the side of the couch, holding. Her head in her palm. Slowly her eyes drifted together, when they could not stay open any longer....

💭okay so thanks for reading. And stuff. So I really don't like my summary when you first click on the story and I was wondering if any of you readers could make me a Better One? Post them in the comments below and I'll choose one. Winner gets my next chapter dedicated to them!! Yay!! Love you all (your beautiful) always with bacon, Livvy💭