Chapter Five: Run Away

💭wow! My first vote!!! I'm so happy! Thank you so much @AshlynFinney for that first vote! This one is for you!
(Sorry for grammar and stuff but whatever)
(ALL you readers mean the world to me! Thank you so much for clicking and adding to your library! Enjoy!)💭

Her feet stung with every leap she took on the cold central ground.
Damn.

Her bloodied bare feet were leaving tracks a 2 year old could follow, especially military certified state alchemists.

Every pant of her breath reacted to the cool winter air and rose like smoke into the sky, swirling and taunting and flaunting their freedom repeatedly in Ana's face. But every puff also brought her further away from central city main command center, and for that, she pressed on.

Without Ella.

*flashback
Where there isn't a door, make one!
The metal tore apart, peeling like he skin of a banana away from the place Ana's hands pressed.

She stepped through and faces two guards on either side of her, both military personnel.

Ana took the first man's arm, slammed it behind his back, kicked the insides of his legs. She then used his own momentous to flip him onto his neck where she heard a satisfying crack of skin and bones hitting the floor.

She turned fluidly to the second soldier, crouching low, then kicking his legs out from under him and grabbing his neck, slamming it into floor.

Temporarily disabled, Ana clapped her hands together and trapped the second soldier to the floor with alchemy.

She heard the footsteps and yells of other soldiers advancing toward her location. She ran in the opposite direction, building walls behind her as she went.

A rumbling sound of breaking stone was heard behind her.

Damn it, their breaking news through my walls!

Ana ran past a hallway intersection, then backtracked.

A window out.

Clapping and then demolishing it, Ana turned and jumped, twisting in the air and seeing Alphonse and the alchemist staring at her through the gaping hole in the wall.

Using alchemy to soften her fall, she set out running. But she knew. She knew the Fullmetal Alchemist was on her trail.

*end of flashback

Those thoughts and fears kept Ana running for her life. A light dusting of snow began to cover the ground and Ana could feel her feet and legs go numb.

She'd only had water and an IV drip ever since she came back, and she felt especially weak, plus the added cold and fury at having to leave Ella in the custody of those monsters.

The adrenaline was all that kept her going.

The thump thump of four feet resonated to Ana's ears, making her think very vulgar things she's like to do to the military for their actions.
Because she knew the person behind her was in face two people, Edward and Alphonse Elric.

Her legs were too weak.

Her will was too weak.

But she wouldn't go as easily as she had before.

Ana closed herself into layer upon layer of alchemic made walls, blocking everything from the sun to the snow out of her little box, waiting for the unavoidable crack of the stone around her, and the face of a blonde dog of the military.