Chapter 7: 'Cus Im Only Human

💭Oh My Fucking God I can't believe how many reads this has gotten! I'm overwhelmed and so so soooo thankful for all the people reading!! This story is so much fun to write!! Thank you for all supporting me and wattpad!! Okay, enjoyyy💭

Dammit

dammit

dammit!!

I'm not getting out of this one. I'm done for. I'm injured, and can't get to Ella.
I can't escape the military, and I'm Ishvalen, to make matters worse.
I, therefore, have no rights and no damn power.

Oh yeah, and I'm the first ever product of a successful human transmutation.

Who am I kidding.

I'm not even human.

"Mustang, she's human! Not an object to study under a microscope!"
Yelled the Fullmetal Alchemist.
"You can't just treat her like a lab rat!"

Mustang was cool and collected, as opposed to Edward. They were in lt. Cl. Mustang's office, and Ed's hands were balled into fists, shaking with anger.

"I can see your concern, Fullmetal, but regardless of what I think, that's not what the higher ups say. All they see her as is a possession."

Rage filled every nook and cranny of Edwards body, trying desperately to calm down.

"I- I have a proposal, then." He started.
"Let Ana come with me and Alphonse."

Mustang raised one eyebrow. "And why would I authorize that?"

"Al and I know the most about human transmutation in the military, and are most qualified to keep an eye on her. And she can do some pretty weird alchemy, that I'd like to learn about a little more."

Mustang sat contemplating Ed's offer.

"As long as you don't loose her, and she doesn't get away again, I don't see why not."

In all truth, mustang wasn't being nice on purpose. He personally got a Bad feeling being around the two Ishvalen sisters, and welcomed an excuse to get one off of his hands.

"Thank you." Edward said bitterly.
Wow, never thought I'd have to defend someone's humanity.

"But," mustang began, stopping Ed's hand on the door handle, "I'll expect regular updates on her condition, or this won't work."

"Yeah, whatever." Ed huffed, and thought about slamming the door on his way out, but shut it softly, instead, and headed back to the infirmary.

Ed opened the white door to the room Ana and Alphonse we're currently in. Upon entering, he saw that Ana was asleep, ankle bandaged, as well as her head and forearm.

Alphonse, on the other hand, was sitting on the floor reading a book. He offered a simple wave as greeting, and silently motioned Ed to be quiet for Ana.

Ed showed that he understood and motioned Al into the hallway.

"Well, brother? What did he say?" Alphonse asked urgently

"As long as we do regular reports, keep her in our custody, and make sure she's safe, he's got no problem with the arrangement." Ed told him. "It's more of Ana's reaction I'm worried about.." He mumbled as an after thought.

"I'm sure she'll be fine, brother. I can already tell she has a stubborn heart and a tough spirit."

"Yeah," Ed mumbled in reply, "I can, too."

"And how about that weird alchemy, huh? It kind of resembles yours, brother."

Edwards hand froze on the doorknob to the hospital room.
"Yeah, I guess it does."

Ana was sitting up when the two brothers entered the room again.

"Sorry to wake you," Ed said softly.
Ana scowled.

"So," she said, rubbing her head, "what's my fate?"

*time skip to after Ed explains everything*

"So I'm stuck with a state alchemist and his younger brother who has a weird armor fetish? Great."

"I don't have an armor fetish!" Al yelled at the same time Ed said, "Yeah, pretty much."
The brothers looked at each other and laughed.

Ana didn't feel right in that moment. They were happy. Ana couldn't feel happy until she had Ella back, or until she was no longer bound to the state alchemist.
Or until she was dead.

They awkwardly trailed off when they noticed Ana wasn't laughing too.
"Well, then, we better get going." Ed said.

"Going where?" The girl inquired, swinging her legs over the bed and grabbing her crutches.

"Al and I need to visit a friend of ours." Ed stated vaguely.

"Oh yeah? Where am I going to be during this 'visit'." Ana hobbled behind the brothers, talking as they walked.

"You have to come with us, of course. Can't leave you alone for a second. You might try and run again."

Ana scowled, which was starting to feel like her regular face lately.
"Like I could run..." She mumbled, glancing at her leg.

They all three piled into the back of a cab, squishing Ana, Ed, an Al together.

"Where are we going?" Ana moaned.

"Just wait, we're almost there!" Edward moaned back.
Damn, I'm going to have to deal with her for...how long!?

They arrived at the apartment complex, and the three teens piled out of the car. Ana hesitantly followed the brothers inside and up an elevator to a red apartment door. Edward knocked, and a man with spiky black hair and a girl with blonde pig tails opened the door.
Ed sour face automatically turned up.

"Edward! Alphonse! What a pleasant surprise!"

Ed grinned. "Hello, major Huges! How have you been?"

"Great! Well, come in, come in. And who is this?" He asked motioning to Ana.

"She's-"

"I'm Ana Reiss, nice to meet you." She said, mustering a pathetic smile and shake that man's hand.

"Hi Ana!" Said a high pitched voice. Ana looked and saw pigtails waving to her.

"I'm Alicia!"

They all piled into Huges's house, and Ana was reminded of when she used to have a family.

Now I only have Ella,
And I don't even have her.

💭damn it this is a long chapter, but I just really wanted to do an extra long one for all those who read my story. Please don't be a silent reader, though! Comments and suggestions are what keep me going and medicated for this book so a thought or two always helps!

Also, how do you think this is going to work out with Ana??

Where's Ella????

Just some things to think about 😋
Love, Livvy💭