chapter7

Durion led the way to the living room, keeping me close to him. Kristy walked beside alanine talking about what they need to talk with them . they kept on looking around which caused me to get angrier by the minute.

“ would you all just stop!”

They looked at me and started laughing. I stared at them wondering if they have lost their minds. Well, I know that kristy has but not…am I supposed to call them by their names or by what I heard them calling each other.

“ we are sorry  Arianne, we want to get you back safe.”

Durion said as he looked back at me. He gestured to the couch as he sat down. I walked over and sat down next to him.

“ what is going on? Why were my parents killed? Why…”  I couldn’t continue as the tears began to fall. The realization that my parents died knowing that I had a fight with them just before it happened, that I can’t tell them sorry, that I can’t hide in my mum’s embrace, that I can’t see my dad laughing with me, making my day by seeing them together in the morning before I head out. the realization that I will not have them in my life anymore, it broke me.

Alanine held me as I cried on her shoulder, Durion stroked my hair and kristy kneeled in front of me holding my hands. We stayed that was for some time. When I was sure that there were no more tears left in my eyes, I looked up to Durion. He knew what I wanted. He stroked my hair one last time before taking my hands out of kristy’s.

“Your name is Arianne, you are the daughter of  Lord Elrond of Rivendell. You were taking when you were a baby by the servants of the dark lord. Sauron.  Alanine was a prisoner as well, she saw them bring you and made a quick plan to escape with you. Even if we as elves never met you in person, the power that you emit is enough to make us know we are in the company of Lord Elrond’s daughter. You have another sister her name is Lady Arwen. Also two brothers, twins called  Elladan and Elrohir.”

I listened to everything Durion told me about middle-earth. We talked all through the day and most of the night and still I wanted to know more. Suddenly feeling like I belong there. Kristy asked most of the questions while I waited for  Durion to answer. There was something weird though, kristy was saying stuff that made me wonder what was going on between them three. She was talking about learning elfish and what she should take with her.

I looked towards alanine wanting to ask her whats going on when she held her hand up. She looked at me with a sad smile on her face as she moved to sit next to me. I didn’t notice that Durion has stopped talking, that he has gotten up from his place on the couch till alanine sat there.

“Arianne, kristy can’t stay here. They found out that she is close to you and they will try and use her to get to you. It is for her safety as much as yours that she comes with us.”

“ but..”

“ no lil I want to come. Think about it, we always said that we are going on an adventure to a place no one ever dared to go. Well, this is close. Your my sister lil, my sister from another mother.” She laughs as she stares at me, waiting for my response. She’s right in a way, I can’t go anywhere without her. without saying a word I got up and walked towards kristy and  she met me halfway. We hugged and stayed like that for what it felt like hours. When we finally pulled away it was to see that both of us had tears pouring down our cheeks.

“ thanks kristy, you’re the best.”

“ if I’m not the best babe who is”

We all laughed at that feeling the atmosphere lighten but that only lasted for a minute.

The front door was being pushed against. Someone was trying to break in. Durion looked at us and motioned for us to be quite as he led us towards the stairs. We ran upstairs as quietly as possible making sure we were fast about it. We went through the first door to the right. Durion was revealing a hidden door in the wall. We walked in and he closed the door after us. The front door collapsed seconds after that and we heard the unmistakable sounds of orcs moving in. they were loud and I heard a lot of stuff breaking. I didn’t dare make a sound afraid to give our place out. I sat down on the floor with kristy right next to me.

We heard the orcs enter the room searching.

“ I could smell them in here.” One of them said

“ I could smell them all over the place, you filthy maggot.”

There was some snapping voices and I think they started to fight. I felt the wall I was leaning against get hit from the other side. I hope the walls hold their place since they kept on pushing against them in their fight. Durion must have thought the same thing because he got a sword out from under a loose floorboard. He then took more weapons out, along with what I think were cloaks. He came over to me quietly putting a belt with a sword on me. He did the same to kristy before handing the last one to alanine.

“ princess we have to get out of here. You will know how to use a sword but it wouldn’t be that good. Use it only when in grave danger. Kristy same goes to you. If  alanine and I don’t make it you two have to make it to the tree. You hear me. You have to.”

He walked over to the door and yanked it open running out. I heard the orcs yelling in surprise and I saw Durion killing two orcs in one hit. I walked behind kristy with  alanine taking the end.  Durion killed all the orcs with a skill that I only ever saw in movies. The very best ones I might add. Not one single orc was able to even get the sword near his body.

We made it the door and ran out with both Durion and alanine switching places. The orcs that survived ran after us.  Durion was barking orders at us to run faster. I made the stupidest mistake of my life at that very moment, I looked behind which caused me to trip on my own feet. Durion caught my hand and held me back up. He ran with me at his side, half carrying me.

I saw the tree right in front of us, how we got there so fast was beyond my comprehension but I saw the white light emitting from the tree trunk. Kristy and  alanine stood to the side, waiting.

“Arianne we are going home.”

Durion said as we went through with kristy and alanine following. I tried to prepare myself for any sort of pain or a sense of souring to overcome my body and mind but none came.

“ open your eyes.”

I did as I was told and saw the most beautiful place. I felt that I knew this place, I looked closer at the place and saw the place of my visions, my dreams, my home…