23

It was three hours until the full moon rose, and we (meaning the girls and I) were all there, discussing what we were going to do tonight.

    "I wish Lewis was here, he'd at least have a different perspective on it." Said Cleo, a bit sadly.

    "You know, there is someone else who knows our secret. Will." Bella piped up, earning a glare from Rikki.

    "We should have Zane help, he's known us the longest."

    "Yeah, but we don't want someone who's willing to risk lives for his oversized ego." Bella snipped, making Rikki bristle.

    "There's enough room for both Will and Zane, but if the water tentacle gets us there's nothing either of them could do." I murmur, effectively ending the argument.

    I'm absolutely sure that Bella likes Will, and with Zane kissing me, this is turning into a love triangle worthy of Shakespeare. Heck, it's a love pentagon!

Rikki headed to the cafe to get Zane on board with the plan, and she sent me to go get Will. I walked up the boardwalk leading to his house. He was there, cleaning something off with a hose.

"Hey Will!" I say happily. He turns and I yelp, barely hopping out of the way of the water from the hose.

"Sorry, sorry!" He exclaims, and hurries to turn it off. "Here, I guess I owe you a juice after that." He opens a cooler, handing me a can of lemonade.

"No, you don't have to-"

"It's the least I could do. Sometimes I just---forget that you're a, well, a mermaid." I grin, taking the can from his outstretched hand.

"Thanks." We just smile, and I try to remember why I came in the first place. "Oh, right! You know what tonight is?"

"Full moon, right?"

"Yup, the girls and I are planning to stay at the cafe tonight, Zanes helping out, and I kind of said I could get you on too."

"Zane? With me?" He gave me a skeptical look.

"You're both big boys, you can figure it out. Besides, if he try's anything, I'll know before he even gets a word out." I tap my temple with my finger, implying my mermaid mind power. He grins, nodding slowly.

"Sure. Happy to help."

"Thanks! See you there!" I gave him a daring peck on the cheek then dove into the water. I swam home, dried off and grabbed my bag for the night at the cafe. Stashing the bag in the underseat compartment of my motorcycle, I drove to the cafe.

I went in through the back door and put my bag in Rikki's office. I heard voices in the main room and walked out to find Will and Zane in a face off, Zane obviously annoyed with him being here. I cleared my throat, and they both turned towards me.

"Zane, we did invite Will. He knows about us, he can help." Zane scowled, but said nothing.

"Lethia, I know you guys decided the cafe, but I think my boathouse will be safer."

"Safer?" Zane scoffed. Will glanced at him, then looked back to me.

"Yeah, think about it. It's smaller, so it's easier to close up. Zane, you can help me if you like." Zane stepped up in Wills face, enraged.

"Don't you dare tell me what's best for the girls, especially Lethia." He growled, on the verge of a fight. I ran forward, putting my hands on their chests to push them apart.