Chapter 1.

(Stiles' POV)
        Just another normal boring day in Beacon Hills. Well. Night actually. It's Friday, it's chilly, and I'm stuck at a lacrosse game playing center bench. Again. Of course I'd be on the bench again. Why would I actually be playing the sport I signed up for.

        I can see my dad in the benches sitting next to Scott's mom Melissa and I can't help but feel like a disappointment. He made it to one of the games and I'm not even playing.  This really sucks. But hey, Scott's kicking some major ass out there tonight. Good for him.

      "That's right MCcall!" Coach shouts from beside me.

       It wasn't long before the game ended. I had moved from the bench to join the rest of the team in congratulating Scott. But... For some reason, I felt uneasy. Like I was being watched by someone or someTHING.
____________________________________________________________

(Scott's POV)
       I remembered running. I remembered seeing a creature with glowing red eyes. I remembered being attacked by the creature. I remember when I first changed, the pain that I felt when it happened. Stiles couldn't know. So I haven't told him. But, I've been having this dream lately... It never changes.

Figures standing in a loft. It's dark and everyone seems to be whispering. I can hear Stiles not to far from me, but I can't really put any of the other voices to a name... It's weird, right?

Then I wake up feeling alone. Empty. Like I'm supposed to be with someone. But I don't know who or why. It's just how I end up feeling and it sucks.

Who are the figures...? Who am I longing for...? Why...?

____________________________<0>___________________________

Nightfall. Darkness. The ground is cold, almost frozen it seems beneath the palm of his hands. The air is cold and smells of burning wood, but there is no fire to lighten the coolness of the night. Stiles shivers, his heart thumping painfully in his chest.

"I must have been s-sleep walking..." He whispers, looking around in the hopes of seeing a familiar road or landmark. But it's dark and there are nothing but trees from what he can see.

Fear looms over his body as a stick snaps not to far from where he now sits. Panicking, Stiles searches is pockets for his phone. Right pocket... Nothing. Left pocket... "Thank god." He mumbles turning the device on. 2% battery.

"Hello? Dad? Yeah, um, I'm lost. I must have been sleep walking, I don't know where I am. Ok. Yeah. There is nothing but woods. It's dark. Um... It smells like smoke, so there must be a fire near but I don't see anything- hello? Dad? Well that's just great." The screen was black. It was dead.

"Okay... No need to panic. It's just pitch black out here and my phones dead. Whatever." Stiles shrugged, pacing on his bare feet. Another snap had him frozen. This time it was close. Really close.

"Whose there...?"