I laughed. "Sorry, I don't kiss and tell, Leah." Quil snorted.

Leah rolled her eyes. "Yeah, that's fine for you, but Quil is going to have a much harder time explaining himself."

Quil huffed. "Puh-leez, girl. I just had a little tussle with Emmett during Mario Kart. certainly wasn't kissing anybody."

"Who said anything about kissing, boy," Leah sneered. "Interesting to see where your mind was though." She smirked at him, determined to put him in his place.

He growled at her. "Watch it, bitch, or I'll have to teach you some manners."

"Ha! As if that word could bother me. It's not an insult if it's true. I am, or soon will be, a Grade A, number one, genuine Bitch, with a capital B. What else would you call a female werewolf? You're so moody, Quil. Are you sure you didn't imprint on Emmett? You two sure seem to enjoy each other's company."

Seth started laughing, thinking about Quil following Emmett around with lovey dovey puppy eyes. "Maybe we should get him a leash for you!"

Quil gave Seth the evil eye and whispered menacingly, "You're going down, Clearwater. Just wait and see. Your ass is mine!"

Seth grinned cheerfully. "Sorry, Quil, but I don't swing that way."

I bit my lip to hold back a chuckle, but Leah burst out laughing.

Quil frowned at her. He crossed his arms across his chest, the muscles in his biceps bigger than ever. "Leah, one of these days, I am going to spin you around by your tail and toss you up to the moon."

"Yeah, yeah. You keep telling yourself that," Leah provoked.

I was so happy we were pulling up to Sam's door then. I was afraid things were going to come to blows soon. It was like being in a car with Emmett, Jasper, and Edward all competing over some silly DS game. Trash talking, testosterone, and tight spaces tended to make me nervous. It was weird hearing Leah playing into it. Maybe it wasn't just a guy thing after all.

I got out of the car and heard two growls from inside the house. Boy, they must have strong sniffers. Sam and Paul were both out the front door and facing me in seconds. They seemed rather surprised at what they saw, though they continued to glare menacingly at me. My mouth twitched as I tried to hide my amusement.

"Howdy, gentlemen," I drawled pleasantly, keeping my face bland. "So nice to meet you. Leah has told me so much about you."

They both blanched at the mention of Leah, and they finally noticed her presence on the other side of the vehicle. Then they wore almost identical expressions of shock. Sam shifted uncomfortably, shuffling his feet and breaking out into a sweat. He cleared his throat nervously.

"Um, hi, Leah," he stuttered. "How can I help you this fine evening?" Paul snorted.

"Actually, Sam, I've made a few friends who have helped me put things into perspective. I'd like to talk to you and get some closure on our relationship. I'm finally ready to come to terms with what happened and to face my future without you. I was hoping you'd be willing to take a little walk with me so we could talk it all out."

Sam was pleasantly surprised. In fact, his jaw dropped. He closed his mouth with an audible snap, but he couldn't resist the opportunity to make peace with the woman whom he had unwillingly betrayed. He nodded and smiled tentatively. "Just a minute, okay? I'll be right back." Leah nodded, and Sam went back inside, giving me a cold stare in the process. Paul quickly followed behind him.

I couldn't hear anything, but I could tell by the intent expressions on Quil and Leah's faces that they could. Their eyes met in unspoken communication and Quil nodded.