Chapter 35

35. Sunny Day

BPOV

Wednesday morning dawned bright and early. I forced my eyes open to see Edward hovering over me, looking at me excitedly.

"I had a great idea for today, love! If you're feeling better, that is."

I smiled sleepily up at him. I loved to see the sparkle in his eyes when he was happy. "Keep smiling like that or, better yet, kiss me, and I'll be feeling much better," I teased. It felt good to wake up in his arms like this.

He grinned, leaning down to capture my lips with his own. After a minute or two, when I was fully awake and aroused, he pulled away. I groaned in frustration. I continued to cling to his neck as he stood, which pulled me up out of the bed with him. He chuckled, which sent electric shocks shivering through my system.

"Now, Bella, your father has already left for work, and I have someplace special I would like to go and something special I would like to show you. So please get up and get ready, so we can be on our way."

I studied his eyes and his expression for a few moments, while I taxed my brain to read into his statement. He wants to go somewhere, but it's sunny outside, so our options were rather limited. In the books, he usually took me to the meadow when it was sunny. Oh! Comprehension dawned. Of course! He must be taking me to the meadow to show me what he looks like when he is all sparkly! I grinned up at him, enthusiastic about his plans now. No doubt my own eyes were twinkling as well.

I rushed to get ready, taking a quick shower, and putting on comfortable jeans and long sleeves to protect myself from the leaves and branches that would surely scrape me on our way there. Edward was waiting for me downstairs in the kitchen, where he had prepared a hearty breakfast of scrambled eggs with cheese and turkey sausage. I had never tasted turkey sausage that actually tasted good, so I was rather pleased with the result.

"Hey, Edward, how did you learn to cook the turkey sausage, because I obviously haven't been doing it the right way," I wondered. He smiled at the praise and was eager to share his secrets.

"Well, the problem with the turkey sausage and turkey bacon is that they don't have enough fat in them for them to cook properly. Having less fat is of course one of the main reasons they are better options than the pork versions, so one has to overcome the lack without compromising the healthiness. Since olive oil has been proven to help lower cholesterol, thus being good for you, you simply pan fry the turkey meats in olive oil. That way the turkey bacon can get crunchy and the turkey sausage can brown without getting dry. Voila!" he lectured carefully, clearly proud of himself.

"Huh. Well, it certainly tastes good. It's not the same, but it is still good. Besides, now I don't have to feel guilty about having another one!" He grinned and brought out a small bowl of a fresh fruit salad, which I devoured wholeheartedly. I felt the blood rushing from my head to my stomach once I finished eating. This made me feel sleepy, as my body wanted me to stay still and concentrate on digesting. Too bad for it. I already had other plans. I got up from the table and started moving around, forcing my blood to circulate throughout my body.

Edward kindly put away the leftovers, cleared the table, and washed the dishes. How nice to have a domesticated man. Now all he needed was an apron and a wooden spoon. I chose not to share my amusement with him, especially as I didn't care for those particular chores. I decided to up the ante. Renée had taught me a few tricks about how to handle men when I was living with her.

"Mmmm, you have no idea how sexy it is to see a man doing dishes and cleaning the house," I drawled seductively. He looked over his shoulder and saw me watching him through hooded lids. He raised an eyebrow and gave me a sexy smile in return.