2.8

After a trecherous week back at university, I'm finally on my way back to London to see State Champs.

I've missed Luke. Even though it's only been a week, I'm looking forward to seeing him again. Then I'm seeing one of my favourite bands, and then we're all going out together. I never thought I'd be able to say something like that.

Michael hasn't spoken to me since he told me he loves me, which I guess is understandable. I hope it isn't awkward today.

You know how sometimes, when you're going out, and you have a really bad feeling about it? That's me right now. I feel like it's probably because of the Michael thing, but I don't know. I'm just so nervous about something going wrong.

Luke: you here yet?

Nova: about to get off the train in kingston mr hemmings

Luke: mr Hemmings is my father, name's Luke

Nova: did u just

Nova: finding nemo?

Luke: u got it bub

Nova: bub

Luke: was that ur train

Nova: maybe

Luke: y u do this

I walk out of the station, and spot a 6'2 boy wearing black jeans and a backwards snapback. It's not even a very good disguise.

I loop my arms around his waist from behind, and he jumps slightly before laughing.

Spinning around, he grins down at me befor crushing his lips to my own.

"You're so lame." Luke chuckles once he pulls away.

"Yeah but you're even more lame."

"Guys! Come on, we're gonna be late!" Ashton shouts from a black car that's parked about 200 yards away. We both roll our eyes, and Luke reaches down and tangles our fingers together as we walk towards the car.

---------

Michael didn't say a single thing to me during the journey to the Hippodrome. I think Calum noticed something was up, but he didn't say anything.

Derek got me, as well as the guys, backstage so we could hang out with the guys before the show. After the excitement of meeting three more of my favourite bands, Calum gently pulls me away from the group.

"Has something happened between you and Mikey? Have you had a fight or something?" He asks.

"Um yeah, we had an arguement about something just before I went back to uni, it's okay though. I'm fine." I smile, trying to get away from the interrogation.

"You sure? Because he doesn't seem so fine." He backs up his statement to spot Michael sat on a sofa next to Tyler Szalkowski, looking pretty down in the dumps.

"Uh yeah, I'm sure. We're not talking right now so I can't really do anything, can I?"

"I guess. As long as you're okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay." I smile, and give him a quick hug before walking back over to Luke and winding my arms around him.

"Hey, you okay?" He asks, wrapping one arm around me and using his spare hand to cup my cheek.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just wanted a hug." I lie, pressing my face into his chest. I can feel Calum's stare on my back, but I ignore it.

---------

Calum: meet me upstairs in like 5 minutes?

Nova: um ok

After the gig, all of us headed to a nearby bar, minus Evan from State Champs. I was dancing with Luke when I felt my phone buzz.

The club is set on three levels. The ground floor has a bar with a dance floor, playing alternative music, like Blink 182 and Enter Shikari, the first floor holds two smaller rooms, one playing your typical scrappy electro club music and the other being a lot more chilled out. Finally, the second floor just holds the women's toilets and a staff room. I'm meeting Calum on the second floor, which is why I'm a little confused. Once I'm there, Calum's leant against the wall beside the door to the staff room.

"You wanted to talk?" I ask, and he looks up at me before pushing open the staff room door.

"Yeah, you first." He smiles warmly, and I don't suspect a thing. I walk into the room, and suddenly I hear a clicking behind me.

I spin on my heels to find the door shut and locked behind me.

"Calum, let me out now!" I yell, and from the other side of the door, he yells right back.

"Not until you two talk things out!!"

I turn around to see Michael looking pissed off, and I sigh.

This is going to be a long night.

///

If you guys could go and ask questions on my character ask a few chapters back, that'd be cool. It's flopped so hard lmao.