Is That The Way It Is?

"Sophia..." Said Brad as we entered the room, I instantly stormed into the bathroom, slammed the door and locked it, leaving Brad on the other side. "Sophia please come out...look I'm sorry..." He said. "You're supposed to be helping me, not making me feel worse!" He exclaimed, which made me unlock the door in an instant, eager to defend myself.

"So you want my help now do you?" I shouted back. "Is that the way it is? I have to wait until I'm asked to help you? What a load of fucking bullshit..." I added walking over to the bed and changing into my pjs as Brad did the same. "I don't know where this has come from Brad, but I don't like it..."

"For fuck sake Sophia, why are you so set on me being upset? Why can't I just be happy?" He said, and as the words came out of his mouth I could almost see something in his eyes was missing. There was this little glint of terror, desperation and vulnerability behind those brown orbs.

"So your telling me your fine are you?" I asked.

"Thats exactly what I'm telling you!" He shouted, clearly aggravated.

"Well then fuck it...I won't bother asking." I replied, a little to coldly.

"My god why are you being like this?" He exclaimed.

"What the fuck are you on about Brad?"

"If I don't want to tell you, maybe I have a good reason not to."

"And what is that Brad? Or do I have to wait until I'm told by you that its okay for me to ask that?" I shouted, lying down in bed, and facing the other way.

"For fuck sake Sophia," Replied Brad as I felt him get into bed as well. I felt a sharp pang in my chest as there was no warmth pressed against my body as I drifted off to sleep. I couldn't quite suppress the tears that trickled down my cheeks and I hoped with everything I had that Brad didn't notice I was crying, but I could feel the bed moving and as I glanced over at him his shoulders were shaking, indicating that he was crying as well. I turned over to face him, and as I did I heard him sigh slightly before we both drifted off to sleep.

***

As my eyes fluttered open, my heart dropped as the bed was empty with Brad nowhere to be seen.

"Brad?" I asked. "Brad are you there?" I called once again, as my heart began racing. I heard the bathroom door click open, but I was greeted by a blonde haired girl in her pyjamas. "Ana?"

"Morning sleepy!" She said.

"Hey, where's Brad?" I asked, sitting up on the bed and crossing my legs, the covers draped over my waist.

"It's alright, he's down at breakfast with James and Con. Tris and I just wanted to come check on you." She said, slipping into the bed beside me. "Are you alright Soph?" Said Tris as he entered the room.

"No..." I said, putting my head in my hands.

"Hey, hey come on," Said Ana, wrapping her arms around me.

"I did the wrong thing Ana...I just wanted to help him and I pushed him to far." I said through the tears. "Tris he's going to leave me isn't he?" I asked.

"No Sophia, no of course he's not! Gosh the guy can't live without you. He's just hurting right now Soph, that's all it is. We don't know why yet, but give it time okay?" Replied Tris.

"Exactly. Honestly honny, it's going to be okay. I promise. Brad cares about you so much, everyone knows that."

"But I've made him feel like I don't care..." I said, looking at the floor.

"No you haven't Soph. You've done the right thing. Something is obviously seriously bothering Brad, and the best we can do is offer our help to him. Trust me, if he's hurting he'll talk to us. I know he will."

"Yeah, yeah you're right." I replied, getting up as Ana and Tris did the same. "I guess I had better get dressed." I said, laughing lightly.

"We'll wait for you in here," Ana replied, as I smiled at them and made my way into the bathroom to get ready.

***

"Okay! Lets get going," Said Tris, as we left the room.

"So has Fin arrived yet?" I asked, as we got into the lift.

"Yeah he's downstairs with the boys," Replied Tris.

"Ahh that's good," I said, smiling as we reached the ground floor.

"Good morningggg!!" Said James as we entered the restaurant.

"Morning guys," I said as I sat down next to Brad.

"You okay Soph?" Asked Brad, who seemed genuinely concerned.

"Yeah," I replied, smiling.

-------------------
Hey Guys! Sorry this chapter was kind of short I'll be posting another one today! Please vote and comment, I'd love to hear from you all!

Much Love

Phoebe xxx