Are You Challenging Me?

"C'mon boys, I dunno about you, but the sea is calling my name right now." Said James as we all laughed. With Brad and Tris back on good terms,  the boys made their way towards the water as Ana and I returned to our beach towels and laid down, allowing the sun to sink into our skin. Although I couldn't help but feel guilty about the argument Brad and Tris had just shared, I decided to push it to the back of my mind, as after all I'm sure Brad and I would talk about it later. 

"Thank you for not being annoyed at me Ana," I said.

"Hun dont even mention it. Like I said, I could never be annoyed at you. What you did was perfectly understandable, and to be honest I'm happy that we were your little escape, at least I know we helped you." She replied.

"Of course you helped me, you guys always have," I said smiling before taking my shirt and shorts off, revealing my white bikini. 

"This sun is so perfect." She said.

"Tell me about it," I replied, closing my eyes and allowing the gentle heat of the sun to encase my body.

***

"C'mon you two," I heard Tris say, as I felt two muscular arms I recognised as Brads wrap around the bottom of my legs and my back, picking me up in a kind of bridal position. 

"Tris no!" Ana exclaimed, laughing as Tris did the same to her. 

"Oh my god, Brad! No Brad, put me down!" I said, laughing as well as they began running with us towards the sea. "Don't you dare, oh my god don't you dare!"

"To late!" Replied Tris. "One, Two, Three!" He counted, and before I knew it I was sat in the sea, the cool water encasing my body. I wiped my face with my hands, as Ana and I began laughing.

"You did not just do that!" Exclaimed Ana, as we looked up at the boys. I noticed each of their top halves were dry and a smile crept upon my face. I quickly jumped up and jumped on Brads back, making him fall into the water.

"Karma's a bitch what can I say?" I said, laughing as Ana high fived me and the rest of the boys began laughing.

"Dont think you two are getting away with it!" Said Ana, splashing Con and James. Soon enough we were all in the midst of a water fight, splashing each other frantically. 

"Oh my god, Brad no!" I exclaimed as he picked me up and spun me around before pulling me into the water making my hair go everywhere. I laughed as I wiped my hair from my face and Brad held his hand out for me to take as he helped me up, however as he did so, I pulled him into the water once again as we all erupted in laughter. "What do you say we grab some surfboards?" I asked.

"You can surf?" Asked Tris, laughing slightly.

"Something funny Evans?" I replied, smiling. "Okay then, why don't you put your money where your mouth is?" I asked.

"Are you challenging me?"

"What does it sound like?" I replied.

"Bring it." Said Tris. 

"Alright, whoever can stand up on the board the longest, wins. That's if you can even catch a wave." 

"oooohhhhhh!" Said the boys as we made our way onto the beach. Tris and I both got surfboards from the hire shop, and made our way back towards the sea.

"Ladies first," Tris suggested.

"Oh I insist," I replied, nudging him a little as he entered the water with his board.

"Ready when you guys are!" Called Ana as she had a timer on her phone. Before I knew it Tris was on a wave heading back towards the sand, standing on the board, which was pretty impressive. Soon enough he fell off and we all laughed slightly as he hit the water and he joined in with our laughter as he surfaced. 

"How long was I up for?" He called to Ana.

"15 seconds!" She called back.

"Nice," I said, smiling. 

"Your turn," Said Tris. I smiled at him, got on my board and made my way far enough out to sea so that I was able to catch a good size wave. One caught my eye and I turned the board around and began paddling back towards the sand. As I felt the wave pick up beneath my board I carefully jumped up and got my balance, before leaning my weight slightly to one side, so that I was heading towards the crest of the wave. As I reached that point I flicked the end of the board upwards, spraying water behind the wave, and then heading back downwards, away from the crest, I repeated this movement a couple of times, as I rode the wave into shore before dropping down back onto my board and paddling it through the shallow water. I carefully got off of my board, picked it up and carried it back towards the others, smiling at Tris as he looked at me in disbelief. We both walked together towards Brad, James, Con and Ana who were too looking at me in shock.

"How long was that?" I asked. 

"47 seconds," Replied Ana, smiling at me.

"How the hell did you do that?" Asked James.

"Well, me and my family used to go down to cornwall for a week at least once a year from when I was 5 to when I was at uni, and my dad always used to take me surfing. So I suppose I've had a lot of practise," I said as we all laughed a little.

"That was flipping amazing," Said Con.

"Thanks!" I replied, before handing the boards back to the employees at the hire shop.

"You're an amazing surfer!" Said the woman working there.

"Aww thank you so much!" I replied, as she smiled at me. "So," I said, walking back towards everyone. "Shall we head back?" 

"Sure," Replied Brad, as he intwined his fingers with mine, and we all walked back to the hotel together. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys! Long time no update! Sorry its taken so long! Hope you enjoy this chapter, and please comment and vote, I'd love to hear from you all! Also, feel free to follow me!

Much Love

Phoebe xxx