Don't Forget Your Passport!

"So are you all ready for America sweetie?" Asked Mum, as I sat down at the dining table while she brought in the cooked breakfast she had prepared for us all.

"Yeah, I think so!" I replied, "I'm all packed, so I guess it's just a case of getting there now!"

"Ahh thats great darling," Said Dad as we all began eating breakfast. I've got to say it was great to be back home again, as much as I loved having my own place, I couldn't help but feel content here. I mean lets face it, nothing beats mums cooking anyway!

"So who's the boy?" Asked Mum.

"Hmmm?" I said, trying to figure out how they had found out about Brad.

"Oh come on! You opened the door to us all giggly, and wide eyed. Hun I've been there, I know when a daughter is hiding a boy from her parents."

"Oh my god..." I said burying my head in my hands.

"So who is he anyway? I need to know all the details!" Said Mum, like a hyperactive teenager.

"Wow Mum...calm down." I said laughing. "He's um...he's just a friend." I finally muttered, as I felt a lump appear in the back of my throat.

"That's what I like to hear," Said Dad, smiling at me and giving me a small wink, causing me to burst out laughing.

"Yeah don't worry Dad. I think I've burned all those bridges." I said, as I finished my last mouthful of food.

"Don't be silly darling." Replied Mum. "I'm sure he's head over heels for you."

"You have to say that...you're my mother!" I called, as Mum cleared away the plates and I could hear her laughter coming from the kitchen. I suddenly felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, and I quickly pulled it out. My heart began pounding as I saw the person was ringing me was Brad...

"Hey," I said as I got up and left the dining room, as Dad took the rest of the plates to the kitchen. I gave him a little smile as I entered the hallway and began putting on my shoes.

"Hi," Replied Brad, his voice almost soft which shocked me a little as I had expected him to be far more harsh. "We are in room 104, Joe just texted me. I was just leaving now, do you need a lift there?" He asked.

"Oh, um don't worry I'm at my parents house and they're going to drive me there. But thank you for offering."

"Don't mention it." He replied. "Are you alright?"

"What? Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I said, feeling my voice wobbling a little as I was once again holding back tears.

"Okay, well I'll see you soon?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'll see you in a bit. Don't forget your passport!" I replied, trying to lighten the mood a little.

"Holy shit, that was way to close." He said. "I literally nearly left it on the dining table."

"You're such an idiot." I replied, laughing a little, as he did the same.

"I'll see you soon." Said Brad, a little remorseful.

"Yeah. See you in a bit." I said, hanging up the phone. For some reason that phone call left me smiling like a kid at christmas, I don't know why but hearing his voice again just changed something. I know its only been a day, but its just so different without him now. I hurt him way to much.

"Ready sweetie?" Asked Mum, snapping me out of my daze as she opened the front door.

"Yep!" I said, grabbing my suitcase and pulling it towards the car before lifting it into the boot.

***

"Soph!" Said Ana, pulling me into a hug as we entered the lobby of the hotel.

"Hey hun," I said, laughing a little.

"How are you Ana?" Asked Dad, as she said hello to my parents.

"I'm good thank you! How are you?" She asked.

"We're fine thank you sweetie," Said Mum.

"Hey Joe!" I said as he came out of the lift.

"Hey Soph!" He replied.

"Mum, Dad this is Joe, he's the boys manager," I said, introducing my parents to Joe. "Joe these are my parents, Harriet and Adam," I added.

"Its lovely to meet you," Said Mum.

"You to," Replied Joe. "Soph we've already checked you in, so you can head upstairs whenever you're ready. I'm just going to make a reservation for dinner tonight. The boys asked me to check with you girls if 7 was okay?"

"Yeah that's perfect." I replied, as Ana nodded.

"Right then," Said Dad. "Have an amazing time darling," He added, kissing my cheek and pulling me into a hug.

"I will," I replied, smiling. "Bye Mum," I added as she to pulled me into a hug.

"Let us know when you land safely okay sweetie?"

"I will Mum, don't worry."

"Have you got everything?"

"Yes Mum, I'll be fine okay?" I said laughing a little.

"Love you," She said.

"I love you too," I replied.

"See you soon!" They called as Ana and I entered the lift and I gave them a small wave as the doors closed.

"So weirdo," Ana started. "Whats going on with you and Brad?"

"Hmm? What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, its obvious something was up in the car yesterday, and considering the fact that he's been with Tris all day, I figured somethings was wrong."

"We got into an argument yesterday. I kind of told him that he wasn't my boyfriend so he should back off, and I seriously regret it because I care about him so much and I just don't know how to make it any better..." I said, probably a little to quickly as I buried my head in my hands.

"Gosh you two are the spitting image of each other." Replied Ana, laughing a little. "Brad's been saying pretty much the same thing all morning, only he thinks he done something to make you think that."

"Oh my god I'm such a bitch..." I said, feeling ridiculously guilty.

"No you're not. Honestly hun. He's head over heels for you, like seriously...He's gone into your room to wait for you. Just go and sort everything out okay? We'll see you in a bit."

"Alright," I said, as Ana went into hers and Tris' room, before I cautiously made my way to mine and Brads. I took a deep breath as I carefully knocked on the door lightly. Shortly afterwards Brad came to the door and opened it, his eyelashes wet with what I assumed to be tears, and his cheeks slightly red. He didn't say anything, he just gave me a small smile as I entered the room and closed the door behind me. "Brad?" I finally said softly. He turned around and looked at me with almost a pleading look in his eyes, and I couldn't take the guilt any more. I ran up to him and threw my arms around him. He almost jumped a little at the touch but it wasn't long before his arms wrapped around the back of me and his head buried into my shoulder, his disheveled curls ticking the skin on my neck.

-----------------------------------
Hey Guys! Thought I'd update early for ya! Ahaha, please vote and comment, I'd love to hear from you! Also feel free to follow me!

Much Love

Phoebe xxx