Part Seven

She didn't remember falling back to sleep again, but she found herself waking up in her bed, still wondering wether she really relived Kaney or not.
She got up from her bed and went downstairs, searching for her mother.
There she was, in the kitchen.
"Mom, did I really relived Kaney?"
Her mom turned. "Yes, honey, you did."
"But how?"
"Well, that was what the journalist asked me yesterday."
"Wait, what day is it today?"
"Sunday."
"Oh."
Then she repeated the question more to herself, "How did I do it?"
"What other power do you have?" her mother suddenly asked.
"Mom! I don't even know how I did that!"
"Honestly?"
"Yeah."
Her mother stayed silent for a whole minute before saying, "Then go figure it out."

She went back to her room and had no idea of what to do.
Then, she suddenly heard a howl of pain coming from downstairs and heavy footsteps running towards her room.
She opened the door and let the injured Kaney in.
There was a large gash on her side which looked like it was caused by something sharp.
"Just because I have magically brought you back to life, doesn't mean I can do that again," she sighed.
She was about to reach for the first aid kit when she stopped and an idea suddenly flashed in her mind.
"I have done that before, why not try it again?"
She doubtfully brought her hand over the cut, but nothing happened.
She was just about to give up when Kaney whimpered, as if asking her to try again.
"I have done it, I can do it again," she whispered, determined.
She closed her eyes, concentrated and brought her hand again over the cut. This time, it healed instantly.
When she opened her eyes, she could only see the remains of blood disappearing.
She smiled. She just discovered how she did it.
Faith. Believe. Love.
Even the smallest faith can do big, magical things.
And what she didn't realize she discovered was that the world of dreams and real world is not all that different.

~The End~

Author's Note: Thanks for reading this short story, all! I hope you like the story and isn't confused by it.

Believe in yourself!