Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Clove's POV

I would have killed her if it wasn't for Marvel. I just couldn't take it any more. Both of them were annoying the heck out of me. How is it possible that I am the only one who has a problem with them?

Cato and I were walking towards the cornucopia where everyone else was.

"You okay?"

"Yeah," I lied. I miss District 2. I know now isn't really the time to get home sick, but I hate being here. Why do people let the capitol do this to us? How do they find this entertaining? It just makes me sick.

"Clove," he says. He can tell I'm not okay. "What's wrong?"

"Don't worry about it." I walk ahead of him.

"Hey, lover boy," Cato says when we get back. "I think it's time to go look for your girlfriend."

We started walking in the direction Peeta said Katniss went.

"Am I the only one who smells something cooking?" Marvel asks.

"Shut up, Marvel," Glimmer, Cato, and I say at the same time.

"Who is watching the food?" Marvel asks.

"Tristan," Cato answers.

"Like he would stand a chance if someone tried to fight him," Glimmer said.

"You're one to talk," I mutter. Cato and Marvel started laughing.

Peeta has been kind of quiet. Marvel gave him a spear earlier, but he looks kind of funny when he holds it. I can't believe he is actually showing us where she went. If someone told me to take them to Cato so they could kill him I would never do it. I would rather die. He's probably lying. He has to be. If he loves her he wouldn't let us kill her. Peeta is making zero sense right now.

"Look! There she is!" Marvel shouts.

She was sitting in a pool of water when we found her. When she sees us she starts running. There is no way she can out run all five of us. We start yelling and laughing as we chase her. Peeta is still quiet and stays toward the back. Katniss starts climbing up a tree.

"That won't help you, Katniss," Glimmer yells.

Cato starts climbing the tree. I realize why she chose to climb now. She's kind of small and the higher she goes we won't be able to get to her.

"Come on, Cato!" Marvel and Glimmer yell.

"Kill her, Cato!" I shout.

Cato gets about 10 feet up then he slips and falls on his back. The fall knocks the breath out of him. I hold myself back from going to see if he is okay.

Glimmer shoots an arrow at her. Katniss hugs the tree. Glimmer is not very good with the bow and arrow. Then again she's not vey good at anything except for being dumb and flirting.

"Give it to me. I'll do it myself," Cato tells Glimmer. He drops his sword and takes the bow. Cato is better than Glimmer, but he still misses.

"Let's just wait her out," Peeta says. We all turn to look at him. "She has to come down sometime. Let's just wait."

"Alright Someone start a fire," Cato says.

Cato's POV

"Clove," I whispered, "Wake up."

"What?" She whispers.

"Start walking that way," I pointed, "I'll meet you there in a minute."

She had a confused look on her face. "Okay," she whispered.

"Hey, Marvel. It's your turn to watch."

Marvel nodded and I started walking in the direction I told Clove. I found he leaning against a tree.

She yawned then said, "What do you want?"

I put my hands around her waist and kissed her. "You," I whispered.

She smiled and kissed me. Her fingers were tangled in my hair. "Cato," she gasped. "What about the cameras?" I shook my head and started kissing her again. I guess she didn't care that much because she didn't pull away again.

My hand found the knife that was in my back pocket. The knife pierced her heart. I held Clove and watched the life drain out of her big brown eyes. Then I heard the cannon go off announcing that a tribute has been killed.