Chapter 2 - Stop

Emma got to school with a weird feeling, she wouldn't have miss Mills until the last hour of the day. In the break, after the first three hours she sat down on the floor in the hallway again. Not even 5 minutes later, the sound of heels clicking came closer. Emma looked up and immediately down again, " Emma, come my classroom is empty" smiled Miss Mills. Emma stood up hoping it didn't looked to eager and followed her teacher, also giving Emma a good chance to look at Miss Mills backside. " Here we are" smiled Miss Mills, the door opened and Emma sat down. Miss Mills sat down at the desk and stared at Emma " Okay Emma, You're mentor and guidance counselor is with maternity leave so i will be both until she's back. I am going to have just a little conversation with everyone, just to get to know you a bit better do you mind starting right now?" asked Miss Mills while smiling genuine. " Sure" shrugged Emma, Miss Mills grabbed a paper and wrote Emma's name in an elegant handwriting. " What do you do after school?" asked Miss Mills while looking up to Emma, " Ah- i used to run and play volleyball but my knees and back hurt all the time so i can't do it much anymore" sighed Emma " What happened to your knees and back then?" asked Miss Mills concerned. " I don't know, it started hurting one day and never stopped" stated Emma with a shrug. " Okay..., how about .. hanging out with friends after school?" asked Miss Mills, Emma moved uncomfortable " Don't have friends to hang out with" stated Emma with a shrug " Oh Emma, isn't there anyone you can hang out with?" asked Miss Mills, Miss Mills lay her hand on Emma's which made Emma even more nervous than she already was. " Yeah i guess, i met a girl trough the grey's anatomy fandom and she appeared to live here, we have sleepovers together and hang out, she is the best friend i ever had, but we both have school to worry about too, i love her to dead "sighed Emma , " What a coincidence " smiled Miss Mills. " Okay so i got all of your files yesterday, and i read them trough last night- it said you were placed in the foster care system when you were a year old right?" asked Miss Mills, Miss Mills immediately noticed the change in Emma : pale face, glassy eyes. " Ah-i- yeah,was bounced around a lot have been with a family for two years now, they are good for me" stated Emma with a smile, as an attempt of hiding the tears burning in her eyes. " Oh Emma, that's terrible"whispered Miss Mills, Emma shrugged while her eye sight worsened due to the tears. " How do you get trough the day? You don't do any dangerous or crazy things right?" asked Miss Mills, " I don't know" whispered Emma, a tear rolling down her cheek. And before Emma knew it, tears were rushing down her cheeks, Miss Mills wrapped her arms around Emma while she cried : their first moment of intimate contact.

Emma rushed to the toilet wiping away bits of mascara, she heard Miss Mills go into the toilet too, Emma sat down in one of the stalls and was about to start eating her bread when she heard Miss Mills cough " Emma, you aren't going to eat here are you?" she asked. " i-no, of course not " muttered Emma, " Uh alright then, see you in math" responded Miss Mills, Emma waited for the sound of clicking heels to disappear before eating a piece of bread.

Emma couldn't dare to look at Miss Mills when she walked into the math class the next hour, She sat down and decided to pay attention a bit more so the attention wouldn't be drawn to her so much. Miss Mills searched for Emma's eyes and when she found them she nodded with a smile. Emma looked away, she felt like crap and it wasn't going away. The class ended and she ran home quickly, she passed an high building and stopped she looked up to the roof Why don't i just go up there and jump- just jump she thought to her self. She passed the building quietly and ran inside " Have homework, no time for tea" muttered Emma when she was already half way up the stairs. She pulled her jacket off and went in her own bathroom, she found her blade in the ripped inside of her bag. She sat down again and watched her semi-clean wrist, She slowly moved the blade to her wrist and placed the first cut " That one's for her never loving you" she muttered to herself.

***
Emma woke up the next morning seeing that she had received a message from an unfamiliar number last night. ' Hello Emma, just wanted to check in and see if you are alright , Miss Mills' Emma read and re read the message multiple times, she knew most of the teachers had the numbers of their students, but she didn't know Miss Mills had hers. Emma added the number never the less and replied ' Im fine, thanks' . Emma saw Miss Mills profile picture and her heart skipped a beat Damn she is pretty Emma thought to herself. " Emma it's 7.15 what are you still doing in bed?" asked Mary Margaret, " Oh fuck- i mean i- uh yeah i'll be right down" sighed Emma while getting her phone out of the charger and plugging it in the radio. You should know where i'm coming from Banks started playing and Emma started singing a long a little while changing into her school clothes " Maybe you can stop before you start" she muttered while grabbing a t shirt out of the closet " Ahh ouuh aha out" she sang. " And all of the pieces we're torn and thrown" she sang while applying light make up. Downstairs she got the bread her mother made for her and got on her bike, she was just in time at school and ran in the classroom where the first class she was having would be math. " Good morning class, i get that it is your firs hour, it's my first hour too so i'd appreciate at least a bit cooperation today, thank you very much" said Miss Mills. A few people laughed a little , Miss Mills proceeded to the board and wrote some exercises on the board " You have 5 minutes for question a,b and c" she said while everyone started scribbling the exercises eagerly in their copy books. Miss Mills walked trough the class and stopped at Emma's table " Finished already, Miss Swan?" asked Miss Mills, while looking at an empty paper in Emma's copybook. " No " replied Emma, her cheeks coloring a brighter red then it already was. " Then get a move on it, you only have 2 minutes" stated Miss Mills, She saw that Emma has her sleeves folded up till her elbows, and saw scratched with fresh blood on it. Emma felt her staring so she pulled her sleeves down. Miss Mills kneeled down and looked at Emma " How about we have a little chat after school? okay?" asked Miss Mills " Sure" shrugged Emma while shifting uncomfortable.

Emma dreaded 3 pm, so when it was 3 pm she decided just not to go. Emma put her backpack on and when she exited the school she heard rushed clicking noises of her heels. " Emma" she semi- shouted, " Emma Swan" she repeated. Emma finally turned around " Yes Miss?" replied Emma trying to cover up how nervous she actually was. " We had an appointment" stated Miss Mills while walking up to Emma " Oh did we? i totally forget!" exclaimed Emma " Nice acting Miss Swan, now follow please" sighed Miss Mills. Emma followed while occasionally sighing annoyed, Miss Mills opened the door to a classroom and they got in together. " So how are your grades?" asked Miss Mills, while trying to figure out how to talk about the tricky subject. " Fine i guess, everything's above average" stated Emma while playing with the zipper on her hoody. " Any teachers you especially like or dislike?" asked Miss Mills " Ah i guess Miss Jones and Miss Benson are okay, Mr Gold is a bit to strict but he teaches okay" stated Emma with a shrug. " Which teacher do you like best then?" asked Miss Mills while sitting a tad bit different " Miss Jones" smiled Emma You-You-you Emma's mind said, but she didn't say that out loud. " Let's now get straight to the point won't we?" stated Miss Mills while she felt uncomfertable. " Shall we?" responded Emma dryly, " i noticed scratches on your wrist, and i think you knew i noticed " sighed Miss Mills while walking to the other side of her desk and sitting down next to Emma. " Oh that, i had a fight with my cat" chuckled Emma, a fake chuckle. i don't even have a fucking cat Emma thought to herself, while she watched her hands intently. " A cat doesn't make so much scratches" sighed Miss Mills, Miss Mills grabbed Emma's wrist and was about to pull the sleeve back when Emma pulled away " It we're cat scratches right? why don't just show me then" sighed Miss Mills. Emma decided silence was her best option right now so she stared at her hands, until Miss Mills broke the silence again " Emma there are more ways of letting your emotions out" stated Miss Mills, " Talk to someone, or talk to me" she said, the last four words almost in an un hearable whisper. " I will, can i go now?" sighed Emma, she couldn't bare be in the same room with her. " Ah yes, you now have my number, send me an message in an emergency" stated Miss Mills, while she watched Emma exit the class room.

Emma sat down on her bed and turned her music on, softly singing with the music " Without you.. i am lost, i am vein i will never be the same without you, without you" Emma sang, while picturing Miss Mills in her tight black dress hugging every inch of her perfect body. " I can't quit now, this can't be right, i can't take one more sleepless night without you" Emma sang. Emma checked if she had messages from on of her internet friends and grabbed her laptop, she clicked episode 8x24 of Grey's Anatomy on and prepared herself to cry a river.

A/N : a longer chapter, bit of a filler, but most of Emma is based on me so it has to be realistic :)