Goodbye

My room was hot. The sun was pouring in through the window which made it feel like I was cooking in an oven. I threw the covers off of myself and put my work clothes back on. I stepped into the hall and made my way to the kitchen.

Agnes, Henry and an older man were standing around the counter. They were laughing and talking. I stood in the darkness of the hall, watching them. A perfect family portrait. I didn't even notice that I was grinning until Henry spotted me.

His face lit up even more. "Eliza."
I walked over to the counter. "This is my dad, Carl."

Carl extended his arm to me and shook my hand. He has a wide, bright smile like Henry, and his eyes were a piercing hazel like Henry's too. He had a tinge of ginger color hair at the tips of his curls. As I compared the two, Henry was the spitting image of his father.

"We've heard so much about you Eliza. It's wonderful to finally meet you!" He praised.

Henry quickly cleared his throat. "Oh, no not that much." His cheeks started to blush.

I couldn't help but smirk at his embarrassment. "Would you like breakfast?" Agnes asked me.

"No thank you. I need to get back to town soon."

"Oh no! There's still chaos," Carl told me.

"Exactly. I-I need to see someone," I explained.

Henry took a step towards me. "Are you going to see your friend?"

"Yes," I sighed.

He scoffed then turned back to the counter. He picked up my keys and handed them to me. "Then go. If you want to put yourself in harms way, then be my guest."

I looked back at Carl and Agnes, their eyes widened. I gave them a small smile and turned back to Henry. "I'm sorry, it's just...really important."

Grabbing my hand, Henry pulled me to him. I heard Agnes and Carl shuffle out of the room. He immediately let go of me. "Sorry. Just leave." He left me in the kitchen alone.

I practically ran out of the house to my car and started the engine. I really needed to get to New York, quickly.
•••••
Purple bodies flooded the streets. Dead. Small fires were spread around buildings. There were people and cameras all around interviewing people.

I needed to find him. Right now. I ran from street to street looking for Stark Tower. I wasn't familiar with the area that Stark Tower was in. I felt lost, up until I found him in Central Park, He was wearing large handcuffs with something covering his mouth and was surrounded by a group of people. He was scratched up and bruised. A tall, broad man with a red cape was standing in front of him.

I hurried to get closer, just across the street from them all. He was the only one that saw me. I ran across the street to him.

"Wait! Please, don't leave yet!" I cried.

The man with red cape spoke with a booming voice. "Back away woman. He is dangerous."

"No, please just let me say goodbye." I pleaded. The man with the cape looked up at Loki who was staring at me.

"Fine. But then I am taking him back to Asgard as a prisoner!"

I waited for him to take the mask off of Loki. When he did I immediately demanded an explanation.

"What is the matter with you?! Why did you do that?!" Angry tears began to fill my eyes.

"I know, dear. I'm..." He glanced up at the man with the red cape for moment, then looked back at me. His voice became a whisper. "I'm so sorry that I did all of this to you. Put you in harms way. Just to gain power and rule. But all I gained was, in fact, you Eliza. You truly helped me and you gave me a friend and a home when I had none but I failed you."

Tears were streaming down my face. I wanted to say something but I couldn't.

"I promise that I will return for you." With that he gave me a kiss on the forehead and let the man with the red cape put his mask back on him.

I stepped far away, almost to the street, letting my tears come. I mouthed the words I love you in his direction when he wasn't looking. He gave me an apologetic look just in time to take hold of something that the man with the red cape was handing him, a shimmer of light and he was gone.