The Past

41, 42, 43, 44 steps down to the lobby. I am so angry I could scream. Well, I did already but I haven't been that angry since, well that's not important right now. The important thing is he got angry just because I shed some light on the fact that he's still a crazed killer. Psychopath. I think that's how the news lady put it. Dozens of assassinations. I don't care what happened to him. He's a mur- never mind. I don't want to think about any of that. I don't want to think about him or him. But I'll get to that later.
•••••
Work the next day was a complete nightmare. I felt miserable, guilty. I didn't expect anyone to notice my change of mood, but there's always that one person. And that one person happened to be Henry.

He offered me to lunch that afternoon which I wasn't up to but you can't turn a guy down like him.

We were standing in line of a sandwich shop when he decided it was time to make conversation.

"So," he cleared his throat. "What's new with you?"

"Not much really," I replied.

"How's um...Loki?"

He's already taken it to far and we haven't even been here five minutes. "I'm not sure."

"Really? I thought you two were t-together," he said.

"We're not together," I snapped. "We're not even friends!"

He gave me a startled expression, and then smiled.

"What?" I asked irritably.

"I knew something was bothering you, and I think I just figured it out," he admitted.

I felt my cheeks begin to blush and looked down at my shoes.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked me softly.

I sighed, "Maybe later."
•••••
I hate headaches. They hurt so much and I can't even think properly when I have one. I couldn't wait to get up the last twelve steps to my apartment and lay down. This has been the worst week of my life ever since you-know-who waltzed into my life. Well, maybe not the worst week ever, but it comes in a close second.

I finally made it to my door and I unlocked it as fast as I could. The air conditioning was running which made my apartment feel like I was in Alaska, but that's a good thing. The first thing I did was rush to my bedroom and plopped myself on the cool, fluffy mattress. I inhaled and exhaled slowly, trying to relax my muscles. I felt on edge, like I needed to do something but forgot about it. I flicked on the tv in my room and put on Master Chef, I really liked that show. It makes me hungry, so I went into the kitchen to make dinner, until I heard someone knock on my door. I walked over to answer it.

"Hi," it was Henry.

"Hello," I responded.

"Are you ok?" he asked. "I came to see if you were feeling well."

I was confused. What is he talking about? "Uh, yeah I'm fine."

I let him move past me into the hallway, "What I meant by if you felt ok was about your, uh, ffffriend?"

I rolled my eyes and lead him to the kitchen. "If you want to know what happened you can just ask," I smirked.

"No...its up to you to tell me," he said gently. He was sitting at the counter while I stood on the opposite side by the stove.

I drew a deep breath in and out. I knew that he wanted to know, but it's hard telling a guy your feelings about another guy.

"Look, that's not really why I came," he admitted.