For Pete's Sake!

"Perhaps you should have thought twice before you insulted me, creature." He said.

"S-someone n-needed to stop you. You would have k-killed that old man." I turned to face him now. He was staring at me. He seemed harmless. Approachable. He gave me a wide grin which didn't help his case of looking evil.

He chuckled. "Nobody stops Loki of Asgard. Not even a young maiden such as yourself."

"Apparently, I did. If I recall correctly, you were completely taken off guard," I said with a smile. He stood up straighter, showing his full height. He towered me. He was wearing dark pants with a white dress shirt and a black coat. He looked like Sherlock Holmes.

"What do they call you?" He asked.

"Eliza Sheldon."

"I am Loki of Asgard and I am-"

"Yeah I got it. You're burdened with 'glorious purpose'. So what are you going to do to me? Throw me in the water to drown. Tie me up and throw me in your basement."

He looked at the water and smirked. "You amuse me, mortal. But no."

"Well then what will you do?"

"Do you have any engagements for tomorrow night?" He asked.

I began to panic. What would make him ask that question?
"Yes. I do."

"Oh, well that's a shame. I guess my plans to dispose of you will have to wait until you're not busy." he said with a smirk. He turned and began walking down the bridge away from me.

I blinked multiple times hoping it would help wake myself from this dream.
•••••
"Where have you been?!" Henry began shouting when he saw me. "I thought you said you went to the restroom? Jane has been looking for you everywhere. We thought someone may have picked you up and ran off with you."

"I'm sorry I just needed some air." I told him.

He nodded, "Ok just tell us where you're going next time." I scoffed at his comment. I don't need to tell him where I'm going! I'm a grown woman for Petes sake! Then, he grabbed my hand, "You really worried me."

Oh brother, what is happening tonight.