A Nightmare in Boston

"Hey, you might want to see this," Jane whispered to me.

She led me to the break room in my office where a group of my coworkers were crowded around the small TV in the corner. I couldn't see what was on until someone in front of me moved. The news was playing. The same lady from the other day was standing in front of Stark Tower again.

Here as you can see the new team called The Avengers have assembled to take out this space army and to shut down the space portal hovering over New York City. The army's leader, Loki of Asgard. He has killed over 80 people in the last two days. Everyone in the Manhattan area are instructed to evacuate the area immediately. This Cassandra Butler reporting live from Stark Tower. Back to you Jim.

I could feel Janes eyes on me but mine were glued to the floor.

Henry turned to me. "Is that your friend you were talking about?"

I stood silently, still staring at the floor.

"Yeah, that's him," Jane said for me.

I couldn't stay there any longer. I felt like I was going to throw up. This is what he wanted to tell me about. An alien army coming to kill everyone.

I practically ran out of the room and into the restroom. I let myself get sick until I heard screams come from the hallway. I hurried out of the restroom to find everyone staring out the large glass windows. What I saw was...strange. There were at least a dozen purple aliens running around on the outside of the opposite building firing weird space guns down at the people on the street. I ran over to the window to get a better look at them, when suddenly a plane from S.H.I.E.L.D came hurtling towards the ground. I jumped back from the window when it almost hit put building.

"HEY," Henry shouted at me. "We need to get out of the city!"

I ran in the same direction as him. Jane, Sharon, Louis and I were following him to the door when Sharon started slowing down.

"What are you doing?!" I called to her.

"I'm an older woman. I can't run much longer."

My eyes shot up at Henry. He knew what I was thinking.
•••••
The five of us made it out to the street. Henry was carrying Sharon on his back. I looked up at the chaos in the sky, there were hundreds of flying ships soaring in the air. The weird purple aliens were flying them whilst firing their space guns.

"Where's your car?" Henry asked me.

"It's in the parking garage," I told them.

"Can you go get it?"

I nodded and ran for the garage. I kept hearing screams and explosions coming from all directions. It scared me and I was eager to get into the safety of my car.

I drove down to the curb where my friends were waiting. One by one they piled into the vehicle. Out of reflex I locked the doors.

"Take us somewhere!" Louis shouted.

"Where should I go?"

Henry drew a large breath. "Just let me drive."

I quickly got out of the car and traded seats with him. "Where are we going?"

"My parents house."
•••••
We drove for what seemed like an eternity. The city became smaller and smaller as I watched through the rear view mirror. I couldn't help but stare at the giant, blue portal coming out of the sky and huge whale- like aliens soaring out of it. I jerked my head away from the mirror.

"Where is parents house?" I asked Henry.

He looked over at me with a sigh, "Boston."

Louis scoffed, "Boston? You're taking us all the way to Boston?"

"If you have a problem with that then I can turn this car around and take you back to your house," he shouted.

I stared at Henry wide-eyed, then looked away out the window.

"We should be there in about an hour," He said clearing his throat.

I laid my head against the window and fell asleep.
•••••
Ok, kiddo. See that deer up there? You're gonna look through this scope here. When you see the deer is lined up with the two lines, take the shot. Got it, buddy?

Yeah, dad.

Ok. Let's walk up there and get closer. We've gotta be quiet.

Watch out for this root, kiddo.

Whoa-

Pow!

Ohhhh! Liz! Help me!

Daddy! Oh my god I'm so sorry! Daddy I didn't mean to! Daddy!
•••••
"Sleepy beauty," someone whispered. "We're here."

My eyes flickered open. Henry was crouching beside me. The car door was open and I heard crickets chirping.

I stretched and unbuckled my seatbelt. "Hey," Henry stopped me as I walked past me. "Are you alright."

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

"It looked like you were having a nightmare. You seemed really upset," he said softly.

"Oh...yeah I guess I was...but I'm okay. Really." I smiled then turned around to a small house. I was walking in sand and I could hear the ocean.

"Everyone's inside meeting my parents," Henry told me. "They have like half a dozen guest rooms so you get your pick."

Everyone was pulled into a large kitchen that smelled like apples pie.

"Eliza!" Jane exclaimed when she saw me. "You slept forever! Geez Louise."

"Hello, Eliza." An older woman came up to me and gave me a big, warm hug. She smelled like cinnamon and I started to miss my mom.

"Oh, this is my mother, Agnes," Henry introduced.

"It's wonderful to meet you Agnes," I said gingerly.

"You poor kids, you've been through s lot today. Forgive me, but my husband is sleeping and the other two have chosen their rooms already."

"You can pick anyone you'd like, guys." Henry reminded us.

He led us into a hall with rooms lining the walls. I chose one with a window overlooking the ocean. I opened it and sniffed in the scent of the breeze. Agnes gave me a pair of baggy pajamas to sleep in. The were cool yet fuzzy.

I shit the door, then laid down on the bed. I listened to the sound of the waves outside and thought about Loki. Before I knew it I fell back asleep.