chapter 11.

Its been a week now and Gabby is still shouting Mama and Dada around the house, we have finished downstairs. The sitting room was painted a red crimson colour and the couches were washed down and betty made me new cushions and curtains, they are a crimson colour with beige stripes, we polished the coffee table and the mantlepeice and cleaned the fires and set them for winter. We also placed a large landscape picture from the collection above the couch and polished the mirror over the mantelpiece. We scrubbed clean the cream fluffy carpet back to its original order. The Hall was painted cream and the tiles were polished as was the stairs. the wall had five or six different paintings from the collection and we polished the indow, we also placed more hooks in the shoe and coat press and kept it tidy. The downstairs bathoom only had atoilet and sink so we decided to paint it white to show up the green tiles. I also placed a picture of a harbour on the wall. I placed a basket off seashells on the window sill. The dining room was left as it was and it was just scrubbed and dusted and decluttered. The study was left as it was but everything including the oak desk was polished and many pictures were hung up to make use of the collection, the floorboards and panelling were varnished. The bookshelfs were covered in antique books and they were polished and dusted. The large drapes were washed also along with the dining room ones.

Upstairs we started with the hall and painted to look like the downstairs hall, putting up various paintings also. Bennys room was painted blue and his blinds were washed back to there original white, his large bed was fixed and tightened and his old couch was upholstered by our uncle Micheal, Bettty's husband. Shelves were built as was a desk by Matt, Joe and Jason and his wardrobe was improved to fit more clothes.He loved his bedroom and Matt gave him an old radio so that he could listen to his music. The next room beside his room was an old unused room, we decided to use this room as a room for Aaron, we painted the room and brought in his bed, Matt painted tom and jerry on the wall behind his bed. We build desks and shelves exactly the same as Bennys in all the kids rooms and fixed up each wardrobe. We placed an old couch we found in the garage in his room which was also upholstered by Micheal. Aaron loved his room and began to sleep in it. Beside this room was Toms old bedroom so in here we just cleaned and fixed up his furniture polishing his desk and shelvesand his wardobe. We then just left his room as it was found. Next to that room was another empty room, it was smaller than the rest but it was comfy, In here we placed Scarlett, we decorated the walls in light pinks and painted a cinderella on the wall behind her bed, like i said she received the identical desk and shelves and the spare wardrobe was done up, we gave her an old couch from Bettys and pink cushions to decorate. Across the corridor was the bathroom in there we painted it alomost identical to the downstairs bathroom but upstairs was blue tiled and the room was much larger. I even placed a basket off shells on the window sill. The next room was Daddys, we decided that I would move in here, it was a large room with an ensuite, i painted the room cream and decided to open the sealed shut doors to the balcony, i had large oak furniture in her and i had a dressing table with a large mirror, i also had a walk in wardrobe. I turned the king bed into a canopy bed it was very beautiful up here i had a fireplace and beside it sat two edwardian palace chairs which were upholsterd by Micheal once again, the drapes were a navy colour and wer stunning in my new room, i was so happy with this room. i painted the ensuite in a colour called little blue that  Matt found from home.The room next door was painted a light yellow colour it sure was a change from the bright pink i had it painted, it had white curtains at the window and the furniture was all pine wood, it was my original furniture, but in here was a childs wardrobe curtesy of Betty,a rocking chair i found in the garage and a moses basket and Gabbys wooden cot, in the room was also a large desk and shelves for her as she grew older. it was perfect. The room next door was the biggest room so i decided to let the twins share this, we decided on the mutual colour of duck egg blue, which was the only colour we had to purchase, we placed the girls large double bed down here and their old furniture, and we decded to build two sets of desks on each side of the room, we also had two large chairs and many shelves and we extended their wardrobe. It was a lovely room and the girls loved it.

On a Saturday evening three weeks later, i was watchin the tv with Matt, all the children were in bed and we were finally in peace,I watched him as he laughed at the QI comedy show , I tried my best to come up with a way to ask him this question ..but in the end i just nervously asked him the question...