Mya's Choice - Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

“Are you okay Mya?’ he asked.

“Yea of course why?” I questioned in return.

“I was just asking.” He replied. We made it to the classroom and we went inside and took our seats. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me. I sighed in relief. Josh made everything seem like it was okay no matter what the situation was.

He placed a kiss on my forehead and then the bell rung. I reluctantly moved my body away from his because our teacher always seemed to have a fit because we were always too close.

I let out a deep breath. I really just wanted for this day to be over.

 I went and sat down at our lunch table. I was the first to get there so I just laid my head against the cold table.

You will always be my favorite girl” I heard. I quickly looked up searching the crowd. There was no one around me. I really needed to get some sleep because I was going insane. Josh came and sat down with me along with David, Claire and Charity.

“You not hungry?” he asked me.

“Naw, not really” I said. He gave me a sympathetic smile.

“Are any of yall going to the festival” David asked. Josh elbowed him in the side. David was new so he didn’t know all the details about Trey all he knew was that he died and that he was my best friend.

“Hey I’ll be back okay” I said to Josh. He gave me a look filled with concern and worry. “I’ll be right back.” I added trying to take way some of his worry.

 I got up and walked to the bathroom. I splashed some water on my face and stared at my reflection in the mirror.

“You got this.” I told myself. “Don’t cry and be strong.” I added. I grabbed some paper towels and dried my face off.  I threw them in the trash bin and then I exited the bathroom.

“You okay?” He asked. I turned to my left to find Josh leaning against the wall.

“Yea I’m fine Josh.” I said wrapping my arm around his waist. He turned me so that I was facing him and placed his hands on my hips.

“We can ditch if you want.” He said.

“No thanks, I’m still trying to catch up from last year.” I told him. He chuckled.

“So what are you going to be doing tonight?” he asked I’m guessing since we were no longer going bowling.

“I plan on hitting the sheets as soon as I get home.” I told him.

“Without me?’’ he asked feigning hurt. I laughed.

“Yup, no room for you tonight.” I told him. “ I just didn’t sleep well last night and I’m really tired.” I added.

“What are your plans?” I asked.

“Well since my girlfriend ditched me. I guess I will be doing nothing.” He said.