AfterWorlds: Chasing Blood (Chapter 1 The After World)

Dear Reader:
Thank you for taking the time to read my novel ! I've put a lot of thought, work and time into this piece and would love to hear your thoughts and opinions in the comments♡ after all it is an open forum and I'd be happy to return the favor! Thank you again.
-Monica A. G

(C) Copyright Monica A. G "AfterWorlds: Chasing Blood" 2015.
All rights reserved. This material may not be replicated or store electronically or in hard copy in any form without express written permission from the author.

_______________________________________
Chapter 1

It had been half a millennium since the worlds cleanse.

Trees hundreds of feet high now stand were large cities once thrived, part of the world devoured by the seas and storms flooded out countries. Most humans died, but some survived. The old world is long forgotten and only spoken in hushed whispers to the human children so they can remember their past, and their mistakes. Now The humans few, the creatures grow. Lands are divided by large stones and thick tall dark forests. The Northern Kingdom: Nights Cover and Southern Kingdom of Kingsdown are divided by not only a large stone wall that stretches so long it touches the sea, but in the middle of the stone wall holds a magnificent castle that is the home and school to the students of Gallay the school for magical arts. The Southern Kingdom Kingsdown was beautiful, it bloomed with flowers year round and in most parts the weather was always warm.Its kingdom stood tall run by the same blood for the last century; the Northern kingdom and Southern kingdom people loved their king and Queen.

"Elise! Lady Elise I swear if you are not down here in 10 minutes I will dump a bucket of cold water over you then make you sleep in the wet sheets tonight!" Juliet the nurse maid yelled up from the bottom of the spiral stone stair case.

Elise was reluctant to get out of bed but she knew better than to ignore the nurse maid's warnings. Juliet was a fare skinned witch; her hair was short like most of the nurse maids, and a soft buttercup yellow.

"One day closer." Elise whispered as she got ready, happily humming she jumped down the stairs with enthusiasm her long chocolate brown hair coiled up and feel like waves on the sand down her back.

"What's got you so cheery and all smiles?" Juliet asked carrying a load of laundry she jerked her head for Elise to follow.
"It's almost my birthday." Elise's emerald green eyes seem to beamed bouncing up and down a few steps behind Juliet.
"Ah that's right. 13 years old, I remember the day I met you. Cute little lady you were. Big pink rosy cheeks and chunky, my god were you chunky and your little elf ears." Elise could feel her pointed ears become hot but she tried to smile anyways.
"I have something I want to ask my father."
"What might that be my lady?" Juliet asked throwing the laundry into a large bin of clean soapy water. "Those'll need to soak." She muttered to herself.
"I want to go to the school that sits on the great dividing wall."
"Gallay?" Juliet let out a small snort as they walked back up the large stair case once more.
"Don't you realize that school is for special creatures? Not just anyone can go to that school."
"And how do you know." The elf mocked. Juliet spun around and she bent so her nose was touching Elise's.
"Because my lady, when you stop talking and walk in silence, that is when you can hear the most." Elise rolled her eyes slightly. She didn't care what Juliet said or how much she heard. Elise's father was the king, and if she could convince him to let her go he would command them to let her attend. It was a brilliant idea except one flaw she did not see. "What do you mean no?" Elise choked back the lump that was forming in her throat. Her father sat tall with strong shoulders, his long thick brown hair lay flat under his solid crown that looked like twigs and leaves sprayed silver.
"Not just anyone can go to Gallay, my child."
"Ridicus," Elise's began.
"Has the gift of Hunt Sight, you do not and you did not receive an invitation to attend the school, did you?" King Casris cut her off before she could say more.Elise let out a frustrating breath of air.
"Please father. The tutors here teach me nothing of what I want to learn."
"And what do you want to learn?"
"Magic." Elise said swooning at simply the word. Her father gave a deep chuckle, Elise couldn't tell if he was amused or annoyed but she decided to keep quiet until he spoke.
"Even though I am the king of the Southern Kingdom Kingsdown and Northern kingdom Nights Cover, Bloodline of Arius, Lord of the Elves and king of peace, under my name Casris I cannot get you, Lady Elise into Gallay school for magical arts."
Elise let out a disappointed moan, her father was a great man, he had always said he tries to rule his kingdoms like he raises his children, with love and guidance but not to over protected or discipline, so they would not push themselves away, he often followed this by mumbling if he had gone wrong somewhere, but Elise knew if her father couldn't even get her into Gallay no one else could. The girl lay awake that night, staring at the stone ceiling above her. No one understood how much she wanted to go to Gallay the school for magical arts. Her brother had attended and she loved hearing all of his stories. He was now gone though, ruling Rebelfall far west of Queens Garden. Elise's mother died when she was very young and since then her father has keep a constant eye on her, rarely letting her leave the castle by herself. She just wanted a bit of freedom.She clasped her hands tightly, her fingers lacing together and squished her eyes shut.
"Goddess of the moon and god of the sun please, please if you are there please listen. I know I have a good life, I am grateful for everything I have but please, this is not my path, this is not my fate, but I need your help. I can't do this alone."After a few minutes Elise's breath began to fall short and a few moments later she was drifting off to sleep, her pleads ringing in her ear.
"One day closer." She whispered.