Chapter II

Brendon grunted as he flopped on his bed and sighed dramatically face first in his pillow.

He wasn't thinking about what had happened to Ryan's face, until he brought it up.

So now Brendon really was wondering why the fuck he looked like some old timed sheriff or cop. He just needed the boots and a revolver.

Brendon kind of wondered why it would set him off the edge so much though. Everyone had a mouth and everyone had their own things going on. So why did it piss him off so much?

That's about the time Brendon got even more dramatic and stood up. It was frustrating because Ryan knew something that he didn't know. He knew something was up with Ryan but didn't know what it was.

Maybe Frank would have his number...Frank seemed to be everyone's friend. No matter how big of a douche the other was.

He picked up his slightly cracked phone and dialed the number.

"Hey Frank," Brendon greeted.

"'Sup Bren, need something?" Frank asked, seeming to be able to read his mind.

"We're friends, you know that. But yeah, I do need a favor from you.." Brendon trailed off awkwardly.

"Yeah, I know Brendon. What's up?" Frank smiled.

"Do you perhaps have Ryan Ross' number?" He asked, chewing on his bottom lip like it was candy.

"Uh yeah...may I ask why you need it?" Frank hummed, "He's kind of a dick to everyone. And he might punch me in the face tomorrow for giving you the number." Frank chuckled quietly. "Yeah - I'll text it to you, it must be important because you rarely ask anything of me..."

Brendon frowned as Frank sounded rather bitter.

"Hey Frank, you wanna come over tomorrow night? I'll invite Pete and Spencer too..."

"Yeah. That sounds like fun," Frank cheered up instantly. "Anyway," He cleared his throat. "I'll send you the number." Then phone went dead and there was a vibration from the device no longer than two minutes later.

"Yes," Brendon grinned to himself and mentally prepared as he put the phone to his ear.

-

When his phone started going off, Ryan glared at it as if it had just killed his parents. He didn't even know why he had the thing because he only had a maximum of like 15 numbers. The majority being family members'.

But he answered anyway with a muffled "hello".

"Before you kill me, I wanted to apologize." Were the the first words to come out of the dork's mouth. Ryan already knew who it was, and honestly wondered how the fuck he got his number.

"For what?" Ryan asked, his eyebrows furrowing slightly.

"Pissing you off?" Brendon shrugged. "I honestly wasn't thinking about your mouth or the bandana at all. I do have morals you know...I just thought you looked cute with it on...not even trying to be discreet here...so yeah. Don't mess me up - you're adorable - bye!"

And the lined went dead as Ryan chucked the phone at the wall. Brendon was a fucking creep. Who calls people they barely even know adorable? Well, at least he did apologize for something he really didn't do.

Ryan was just a pissy person with a fucked up life who liked to make other people miserable because his life is just so bad.

Not his home life. The life he barely had in general.

But that life he didn't have a whole lot of, caused his mom to not even look him in the eye anymore.

It was so fucked up. Ryan got up from his bed and wondered to the bathroom to look in the mirror and he pulled the bandana off, internally and externally cringing at the sight of his face. The gashes in the corner of his mouth went deep as the blood oozing from the wound, dried and became infected. There was no hiding this. No surgery, no makeup would ever take back what they did to his face.

Ryan brought his hands to his face and dug the palms into his eyes as he slid down the wall and winced as the tears reached the cuts of his Cheshire smile. The fake smile that wasn't real, no matter how real it did look.

He should have never listened to Gerard and he should have just kept away.

The old memories came rushing back to him as the tears hit him harder, he kicked and punched, but nothing took the pain away.

-

Frank sat at the edge of Brendon's bed with a curious smile on his face. "So...you're not dead! That's good a sign, huh?"

Brendon chuckled, "No shit."

"What'd he say?" Frank asked.

"Not much. I really didn't give him much time to talk, I rambled about how I wasn't thinking of his mouth and bandana and apologized and called him adorable...before hanging up. Simple." Brendon shrugged and flipped through the Kerrang! magazine.

"Oh..." Frank nodded.

"Excuse me girls, are you gonna talk about your boyfriends or are we gonna go to the music store like you promised us forever ago?"

Frank snickered and stood up, reaching the door before everyone and calling dibs on the first Misfits album he could find.

"So you really did talk to him?" Spencer asked, ignoring the brief poke in his shoulder from Pete before skipped ahead and caught up with Frank. "Are you asking for a death wish?"

"Maybe," Brendon shrugged. "But he is adorable, and I didn't want him to glare at me - so I had to make something right, or at least more right then it was." He sighed and closed the magazine before getting up and pulling on his shoes.

"Yeah, I give you a thumbs up." Spencer nodded and held the door open for Brendon to slide past.

"I just -" Brendon stopped himself, before turning and looking his best friend in the eye. "I'm worried - there's something wrong with him Spencer, and I want to find out what."

"He's a twat, Brendon. He won't even let you within five feet in from of him."

"I know," Brendon sighed. "But it's worth a shot, right?"

So...my moms boyfriend and I were talking about My Chemical Romance and he says he doesn't like 'em all that much, I was offended but he said he never really listened to them all that much only Teenagers because that was a popular song and he told me he hated Fall Out Boy and looked kind of weirded out by the name Panic! at the Disco. But don't worry, other then that he's a pretty cool guy. Even though he didn't know who Mikey Way was and he didn't know Mikey and Gerard were bothers but...