goodbye, sweetie

"No. No. She can't leave," I screamed. I love her, no, no, she can't.

"There's nothing we can do." The doctor told me.

So I looked at her. She's so beautiful. So beautiful.

"They rushed Delilah into the ICU. She's a premature baby, but she'll make it," I told her. I couldn't stop crying.

"Take good care of her, Eddie," she said.

"God, Amanda, I am so in love with you, and I will be, for the rest of my life. You've changed my life. Forever, and I just, I can't say goodbye-" I cried, but she cut me off.

"Eddie, we'll be together again. Soon. You have a piece of me in our baby. I will always be with you. I promise. I love you," she said weakly, her voice hoarse.

I squeezed her hand, sobbing.

"I love you, too." I said.

"You are the love of my life, I'll never let you go," she said, her voice cracking.

"Amanda, don't go, don't leave me," I begged.

"Eddie, I have to. You know I do," she smiled. Her face was so pale, her eyes, fading slowly.

"I love you," she said.

"I love you," I said. And she felt my cheek with her hand, and I held it close.

And then she was gone. She closed her eyes, and exhaled her final breath. And I kissed her. I kissed her dead lips. I couldn't let go. I held her hand, against my beating heart.

"I love you," I whispered. "I love you so much, I can't even describe how much I love you, I never will, but you're perfect, you're beautiful. I'm a mess, I've got too many opinions, I've messed up countless times, I have bad hygiene, I never comb my hair, I sing until my voice cracks, and you are the only thing that makes sense, you're clear as day, you're perfect, I'll see you again, I will, and I'll take care of Delilah, I'll go on, I'll go on..." I told her, sobbing. I felt so desperate, so broken.

I can't, I can't, I can't.

"Sir," the doctor said, "we need to take her away now."

"No, fuck, hold on," I cried.

I stroked her hair, I held her lifeless body once more, and they took her away.

Away, away, away.

***

Amanda Rae Lowe died August 27, 1991.

Delilah Violet Vedder was born August 27, 1991 to Edward Louis Vedder and Amanda Rae Lowe.

Corey Gill was arrested and put behind bars, a scheduled trial September 1, 1991.

Stone Gossard, Mike McCready, Jeff Ament, Dave Abbruzzese, Eddie Vedder, Pearl Jam, cancelled their tour due to the death of Amanda Lowe.

Heath Burton, Jordan Duke, and Donny Ferrin released Murder, August 28, 1991, and broke up the band Crescent Sun due to the death of their lead singer/songwriter, Amanda Lowe.

And on August 27, 1991, the death of his love, Amanda Lowe, broke Eddie Vedder's heart.

Oh my god what the fuck did I just write I'm crying wbu