deep

After Eddie and I finished, with our love in the making, I performed.

Jeff was amazing. I was thrilled that Corey wasn't there. But I felt a certain sadness, over the media shit. I tried to perform my best but I felt afraid.

Afraid of what they were thinking.

Pearl Jam performed amazingly. Eddie seemed on top of the world, naturally high. Like he always did. But tonight was special for him.

He fucked the girl he loved.

So that made me feel better.
After the show we were interviewed by both MTV and KSL.

Riki Rachtman, MTV's Headbanger's Ball host, chose to interview Eddie and I, which was no surprise.

"So," he began, sitting is down on a park bench,

"Tell me about your album Ten,"

Eddie grabbed my hand, I knew he hated interviews, he hated the media, and hated feeling ridiculed.

"Um, well...It's our first album." He said awkwardly.

Riki just laughed that off.

"Yeah, yeah. What inspired you to write Alive?"

"It's about a young and uglier version of me discovering that my stepdad wasn't actually my dad."

Eddie's lips formed in the way they did, that way, a way I found it hard to describe.

"Ah, you're not ugly," Riki said. "Violet, do you think he's ugly?"
Me and Eddie looked at each other and I said, "Eh, he's okay."

Eddie and I started to crack up at my joke. I can make fun of him and no one would understand it but us.

"Oh, Violet." Riki laughed. I liked Riki but he's a bit fake to me.

"Now, tell us a bit about your album soon to be released."

"Well, it's called Murder. It's about doing things in your life that you regret, but having everyone shame you for it. You know, it's dealing with your own burdens and demons, and people start acting like your just some piece of shit for it, like you don't already know. No one forgives, for anything."

Eddie squeezed my hand.

"Well we're excited to hear it. When is it going to be released?"

"After the tour."

"Soo... This is the question everyone's been asking. Are you two together?"

Eddie turned to look me in the eyes. I feel like my brown eyes and his blue ones mixed together beautifully. He loved my boring brown eyes for reasons I'd never understand, and Eddie hid sadness in his oceans. I hid emptiness. And now that we were together...I feel like he's taken my emptiness away, and I had done the same with his sadness.

"Yes." Eddie said, smiling.

"Aww, well, we love rock couples. The new Sid and Nancy?"

I could feel the anger in Eddie.

"No, We're the Eddie & Violet."

Riki laughed again and asked,
"Can you tell us a bit about what happened with your bass guitarist?"

"Well, he was drunk as a skunk and threw his liquor bottle at me. But it's not like that was the first time he thought it was okay to abuse me. Ever since he got into drugs, man. Never been the same." I answered.

"Well, did you cheat on him?"

"No. He knew we weren't together. We barely talked anymore, we barely even looked at each other, and all we did was argue. He's just trying to hurt me and Eddie even more."

"Okay, well thanks for for time guys," Riki smiled, giving me and Eddie handshakes. And then KSL time.

"I'm Riley Gonzalez, here with Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam, and Violet from Crescent Sun. Now, Eddie, you've just released Ten-"

"We've, as in, the band," Eddie corrected.

"Oh, sorry," she blushed, "anyways this is your first tour, yes?"

"Mmm-hmmm." Eddie answered, bored.

"And Violet, Crescent Sun is soon to release Murder?"

"Mmm-hmmm," I said.

"Can you tell us about the incident with your bass guitarist?" She asked.

"Just like I told Riki, he threw the liquor bottle at me. Eddie defended me. Corey acted like I cheated on him but Eddie and I weren't together then. Corey was abusive and a major asshole-"

"Miss, please, don't swear,"

I looked at Eddie, and I whispered, "one, two, three..." And we both yelled, "FUCK" in unison.

Riley looked at the both of us in shock.
"Okay well thank you for your time guys," she said, and then scurried off with her cameramen.

Eddie and I just laughed and laughed at how stupid she seemed.

Once we were done with all the interviewing, we stopped by to meet some fans. They were all incredibly kind people. But most wanted Eddie's attention, which was something I became very used to.

But I didn't mind, I wasn't jealous or offended in any way.

Eddie was very genuine with his fans. He smiled brightly and treated them kindly. He signed dozens of CD's, pictures, even clothing.

And then, out of nowhere, I heard,
"Violet, how long is his cock?" And a vulgar snicker.
Eddie looked at me, not knowing how I'd react.
"Longer than yours, asshole!" I screamed.

Eddie grabbed by hand, indicating it was time to go.
He was so done with the rumors and gossip and rudeness.

//

P.S., Eddie is very long indeed. ;)