on the edge

I crash into my bed, clawing at my skin until I bled.

"Baby, please, please don't hurt yourself," Eddie said, lying down next to me. The boys were in the living room sitting around awkwardly.

He grabbed a cloth and soaked it in cold water, cleaning up the bits of blood.

"I'm okay. I'm okay." I said, getting up from bed. Eddie followed me into the bathroom where I washed my face and fix my hair. The purple had slightly faded. God, I need to dye it again.

Eddie rubbed my back and kissed my head. I gave him a passionate kiss and held his hand as we walked into the living room.

The boys were in clown costumes. Even Heath.

"What in the fuck," I laughed.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VIOLET!" they yelled. It wasn't Thursday yet, it was around noon. The rest of that day we drank a bit, smoked a bit, laughed a lot. These fuckers distracted me from everything that was going on.

And then we all crashed around midnight.

The next morning, I awoke and saw Eddie sitting in bed, waiting for me.

"Eddie?" I said, sitting up.

"Oh, Amanda, Happy Birthday, I love you," he said, kissing me.

"I love you too," I said, smiling.

He handed me a small box, with a shitty looking bow on top, and said,
"I know it doesn't really look presentable but it's my gift to you,"
So I took the box and opened it.
Inside revealed a silver locket in the shape of a heart. It was so beautiful. It was perfect. I opened it while Eddie sat there with a mischievous but happy look on his face.

One one half was a picture of me and Eddie, one taken by Stone with a poloroid. He was holding me so close, kissing my forehead. I cried at the beautiful sight. All I saw in his eyes, in my eyes, was love.

And in the other half was one of Eddie and me singing together. We performed together sometimes. I loved it.

"Oh, God, Eddie. I love it so much," I said, kissing him again.

"Oh thank God. And hey, look at your stomach. I'm surprised you didn't notice but you've got a baby bump," Eddie said.

I did, and cried some more. I was overwhelmed with happiness.

"Oh, God, best birthday ever."

And then the other boys came in.

Stone gave me a big ass bag of weed and one of his baseball caps.

Mike gave me a guitar pick and a Pink Floyd shirt.

Dave gave me a flannel and a bottle of beer.

Jeff gave me a raccoon hat, and a hug because he's cheap.

And finally, Heath gave me a box of purple hair dye.

"Thank you, so much, my stupid brothers, I love you so much,"

Everybody changed and got ready to spend a day in Seattle. We got lunch, and just enjoyed the city. It was rainy, like always. And then the day became the night, where we'd take a flight to Miami.

But I got an eerie feeling as I packed my things up in the apartment.